Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#216463 - 02/12/10 03:39 PM Re: How will I know? [Re: slh]
Serafinos Offline
Trainee

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Rockmower -- I'm doing all those smiley actions & more from excitement waiting... along with everyone else. LOL
My husband will be calling the White Coats, soon... if it's not released sooner! ROFLMBO
laugh grin
I know we're all getting on y'alls nerves posting & we know it will be released when it's released.
Consider it your cheering section! grin

#216510 - 02/13/10 11:05 AM Re: How will I know? [Re: Serafinos]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Rockmower, I love your description of how things are going to go right after the release...and I'm pretty sure you're only joking a little bit!

I guess what I meant by my original questions was: How can I be one of the first to know that it's out? I think I found the fastest way! LDW Store has ALL of the LDW games and there is a heading for VV4. It also shows all of the previous games (in case you missed any!) and even has web games, which I never even knew about!! shocked

I bookmarked it and that will be the FIRST place I go...next the forum list to check out what else is going on,...then this forum. All of this BEFORE I check my email! smile

#216535 - 02/13/10 07:59 PM Re: How will I know? [Re: ajuma]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
If I remember correctly, when VF came out, it was released late at night (for me, at least) and I downloaded the trial and played the hour immediately. The notification email didn't come until the next day! laugh

#216544 - 02/14/10 02:28 AM Re: How will I know? [Re: Krystal]
msnana Offline
Expert

yeah it came out at midnight at least my time and the email didnt come till like 9pm that night.

#216574 - 02/14/10 04:48 PM Re: How will I know? [Re: msnana]
Antheia Offline
Adviser

Loc: The USA
Very true Rockmower! And the chat box is filled with, "Oh my gosh VV4 is out!!!!" laugh
Yes, and I remember VF coming out later at night- I didn't know about it till the next day.
But, I have one question. How long after VV4 is released will it be till it is an BigFishGames, WildGames, etc., will it be the usual month, or will it be longer?
grin

#216576 - 02/14/10 05:07 PM Re: How will I know? [Re: Antheia]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
It's usually 2-4 weeks. It depends on how many more bugs we find when the game comes out. VF was 2 weeks, VV3 was 4 weeks, but VV3 if I'm not mistaken had more bugs to patch

#216605 - 02/14/10 10:35 PM Re: How will I know? [Re: Antheia]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: anna1010101
But, I have one question. How long after VV4 is released will it be till it is an BigFishGames, WildGames, etc., will it be the usual month, or will it be longer?
grin

Like Havoria said, the time before the game portals get it can vary greatly. A lot of people buy the games from those sites, because they have paid memberships that will let them get them for reduced prices.

One thing is sure however. If you buy it from LDW during the soft launch, you will have it several days, and usually several weeks, before it is available on those other sites. laugh

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#216630 - 02/15/10 06:41 AM Re: How will I know? [Re: Rockmower]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Plus, you know, what better place to get tech support than from the people who make the games? grin (If something went wrong with your game after buying it at another site, you may have to go through the tech support channels on that site, and who knows how long that could take! laugh )

#216631 - 02/15/10 07:05 AM Re: How will I know? [Re: Krystal]
Lukerie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In my room playing VF
Originally Posted By: Krystal
If I remember correctly, when VF came out, it was released late at night (for me, at least) and I downloaded the trial and played the hour immediately. The notification email didn't come until the next day! laugh

Yah, VF did some out at night, around 10PM Pacific Time and right when Arthur released it he announced it on the Shout Box, and luckily i was still up grin .
But a few days earlier Arthur did give us a date and said it would be released at midnight, so im guessing he will do the same this time around. laugh

#216638 - 02/15/10 03:28 PM Re: How will I know? [Re: Lukerie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Wow!! Midnight is great for me!! I'm like 17 hours behind PST so I'd be getting the game just after 5 pm my time. It'll give me HOURS to play before I have to go to bed!!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter