Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#199520 - 06/20/09 03:53 AM ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please ***
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
Hello, this is only my first time installing a mod i decided i wanted to install cheezyfries map mod i inserted the mod replacing all the maps pics with the new ones according to the directions and i liked it but i went into the original images folder and deleted them but i DID backup the images... now when i open i up my game all i see is blue and the people walking around i think i know wat i did i jus dont know how to restore it please help:(

* Also if i do decide to delete a mod how do i do it safely without messing up the game graphics?

thank you smile

VF2 -80%

#199524 - 06/20/09 04:14 AM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: VVFanatic]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Hi!

Have you tried copying the files you backed up back to the images folder?

If you lost your original files, backup the LDW folder (it's on My Documents) and reinstall the game. Them copy the LDW folder you backed up to My Documents again and continue playing. smile

To delete a mode safely, just copy the file from the backup you've done, with the same name as the mod, back to the Images folder. When the computer asks if you want to replace the file say yes. smile

If there are any more doubts, please do ask. Hope I was helpful. smile

Edited by *Moonlyght* (06/20/09 04:22 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot sth else. :)

#199527 - 06/20/09 05:09 AM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: *Moonlyght*]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Before I replace one map for a new one, I rename the current map. For example, my current ModMap of MapX3Y1.jpg that has tiger striped sofa, chair and carpet, is about to be replaced with a new Mod Map. So I will rename it MapX3Y1Tiger.jpg and the new one will become MapX3Y1.jpg . All of the original maps that have been replaced by Mods have the ending 'Original' (MapX3Y1Original.jpg). Helps me keep my sanity since I have gone "Mod crazy"! LOL!

I also have a back-up copy of all of the original maps in a folder outside of the Virtual Families game folder.

#199549 - 06/20/09 04:33 PM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: MissKathy]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
As you have figured out, the game only uses files with certain names. So, to "delete" the mods you don't want to use, simply rename them as you said above and the game will no longer see them to use them. Or, you can simply delete them altogether. To return to using the original images, go to the folder in which you saved your backup copies and copy the file you need. Just paste it into the game's image folder and you should be good to go.

I would think that the blue is due to missing images. Check the backup folder you made and look at the list of maps. Make sure you have a map in your actual game folder matching each name listed. Locate the ones missing and just copy and paste them into the game's folder.

You may find your mods don't match up. If that's the case, I would just copy the entire set of maps from the backup folder and start fresh with those.

#200020 - 06/23/09 09:38 PM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: BayouBlonde]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
Thanks for everybodys help it is back to normal smile thanks again

VF2 -80%

#200022 - 06/23/09 10:08 PM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: VVFanatic]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I was wondering if any of our great modders knew any free sites for modding? Thanks in advance!

#216400 - 02/11/10 03:30 PM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: halidog]
sliddi_101 Offline

Loc: Somewhere not on Earth
i am trying to download mods could someone help me download because im just confused!!!!

#216401 - 02/11/10 03:35 PM Re: ***Virtual Families Mod Help Please *** [Re: sliddi_101]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are some step-by-step instructions that should help you with the mods.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter