Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#218291 - 02/26/10 07:28 PM Re: So, what tribe members DID you choose? [Re: Bluedog13]
Rozzy47 Offline

Loc: SC, USA
2 boys age 14
1 pregnant woman age 22 (you get two for one)
2 girls 4 and 6

My boys are old enough to begin working and young enough to become masters in all areas while the nursing mother will become our designated master parent until she is 50 she will be introduced to newer skills, we need the girls in order to increase our population.

#218393 - 02/27/10 03:34 AM Re: So, what tribe members DID you choose? [Re: Rozzy47]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
Having already posted my ideal tribe this is what I ended up a nursing mother 23 and a runner, a 15 year old female, a runner, a 13 year old male, runner(got him by mistake wanted 14 year old male), a 10 year old male runner, and a 6 year old female. Other than the length of time it took the mom to drop toddler it is working out great.

#218865 - 03/02/10 12:10 AM Re: So, what tribe members DID you choose? [Re: skipper45mn]
maitoi04 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Holden, MA
I started my tribe as follows:

a 24 year old male with some building exp.
three nursing females, 21, 19 and 18 and
an 11 year old male.

I immediately put my male to work on the LH and kept my child busy with collectables and mushrooms and then held my breath for two Isola years hoping my useful adult didn't get sick. Thankfully he didn't. After the love hut was finished, I then put him to work researching until the three females were ready to work. I put the 2 younger females to work at research, bred the oldest female and put the male back to building the first of the living quarters. After that I just kept rotating the females having babies so at least for the first 14 Isola Years I always had workers. (The worst problem I had was that my first five children were females)

#218990 - 03/02/10 08:46 PM Re: So, what tribe members DID you choose? [Re: maitoi04]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
My tribe is as follows:

All are black-haired, no identical hairstyles

1 male - 26, no dislikes, but a slight advantage in research
2 females - 1 15yr old, 1 17 yr old - no dislikes, but no skills
2 7 yr olds - a boy & a girl

I wanted time to build skills & food supplies before growing the tribe. The male being slightly older didn't worry me because males can still breed til the day they die. And he had a really cool mohawk, so ... Also - growing a population doesn't require as many males as females, thus the slightly higher # of females.

I put the adult male to researching, 1 female to building, the other to farming & the 2 kids to searching for collectibles & mushrooms.

By the time the 1st hut (after the love shack) was built, & females were ready to have babies, all 3 adults were master builders AND master scientists. And having 2 small children constantly searching for mushrooms allowed me to strictly ration the blackberries w/o risking starvation.

#220987 - 04/06/10 01:53 PM Re: What's your ideal tribe?/What tribe did YOU start with? [Re: Havetia]
SageOfWinds Offline

Yay! I've been waiting all this time to make a custom tribe, and now I finally can!

After playing all the other Villagers games, I think I've come up with a pretty good dream team. I have two adult males (ages 18-21 are good because they're pretty young yet and have plenty of time to boost skills), one nursing mommy, one 17-year-old teenage girl (because the tutorial wants you to make babies pretty soon), and one really young child - no older than 6.

This way, I've got two guys who will be working for the next 40+ years, one little kid who can grab collectables and herbs while I wait for the next babies to be born (Critical for early tech points boost!), and plenty of potential for baby making. The teenage girl can collect blackberries while I wait for her to turn 18. I got up to 500 food before it was time to have her go to the love shack.

Edited by LadyCFII (04/06/10 03:34 PM)
Edit Reason: Removed non-E-rated content

#221355 - 04/18/10 03:06 PM Re: So, what tribe members DID you choose? [Re: Bluedog13]
jrosew Offline

I've been trying different combinations - my latest is all 14 yr olds - 2 male and 3 female. I set one to farming and the rest to research. As soon as they amass 5000 tech points, I purchase construction and put all five to work on clearing the rubble from the fire pit. Once the fire pit is in working order, I assign one of the peeps to be a builder on the love shack, one to be a farmer (not necessarily the original farmer), and the rest as researchers. I like to get them all Adept at all the skills so that I have plenty to choose from after the shool is built. So far, so good.

#221409 - 04/20/10 05:00 AM Re: So, what tribe members DID you choose? [Re: jrosew]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
I just started a new tribe, this time with:

Kiwi - F - 22
Akuaku - M - 18
Taipi - F - 16
Tikina - F - 14
Ali - M - 7

Akuaku and Kiwi are going to be my starter couple, once Akuaku finishes the hut. wink
And I like to think of Taipi and Tikina as sisters. smile

#221571 - 04/25/10 06:09 AM Re: What's your idea of the ideal tribe? [Re: slh]
Mystwalker Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Originally Posted By: slh
I think I'd start with 2 males, 2 females, all around 14-16. Girls won't be nursing, because that's 2 mouths to feed and, in the absence of anything from LDW to the contrary, not contributing to the gaining of tech points or buildings or food.

2 of each so if something should happen and someone dies, I've still got at least one of each gender.

1 very, very young child, who can go for quite a few years gathering collectibles while the others work, and just getting towards working age when I'm ready for the others to start having children.

That's getting the maximum value from my villagers while resources are scarce, and when resources aren't so scarce anymore, start building up the tribe a little smile

I did something very similar to this, with pretty much the same reasoning. But I started with 1 young adult male, 3 young adult (non nursing) females, and 1 very young male child (6 or 7).
I tried to spread out the hair color a bit, but as long as I can stand to look at them I am not really that concerned with it.

#221638 - 04/28/10 05:34 PM Re: What's your idea of the ideal tribe? [Re: nuttyjuls]
gambitgarrison Offline

Loc: Georgia
The first attempt I made at the game, I chose 4 females and 1 male (for maximum mating potential). Talk about dumb! No children to collect items. And, to make matters worse, the sole dude in the bunch got this hair-brained idea about speeding up construction - and I got this hair-brained idea to agree with him, and the poor chap fell to his death trying out his idea. (sigh) Sooooo... I got smart and set up my village with 1 female child, 1 male child, 2 female adults and 1 male adult - and ALL of them were runners. It was major boring to sit there and cycle through villager after villager after villager in my search for the ideal exploration team - but I kept telling myself that it would be worth it. And, you know, it absolutely was!

I haven't been playing the game for an entire week yet - I'm thinking 3 or 4 days. They are speedy at getting things done - I've already purchased the next level up in all but science (thanks to my frenetic little Einsteins running to and fro in the research lab). They've already cleared the debris, repaired the earthen oven, plugged the hole, repaired the docks, rescued the frogs, built two living huts, and - of course - the 'love shack' (Love Shack baby yeah - funky little shack!). Oops, sorry about breaking into song there, just every time I see the words 'love shack', the B-52s pop into my head.

Not only have they expediently begun the village, but they are way funny to watch. Like someone brewed espresso in the decaf. pot and the whole office is ablaze with hyped-up workers. I was also interested to note whether the mating of two runners would produce a running child and am sorry to report that it does not. I don't think I would have been so adamant about having such an athletic tribe if my first attempt hadn't gone so horribly wrong.

I hope my observations have brought a smile or a chuckle to you and brightened your day. Have fun playing - I sure am!

#221743 - 05/06/10 08:44 AM Re: What's your idea of the ideal tribe? [Re: gambitgarrison]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
My tribe is extremely similar to Mystwalker's tribe except my youngest was a female.

21 male
19 female
18 female
17 female
6 female.

None nursing as I wanted all to be able to work. It's worked out very well so far. I put the male with the oldest female after the village was fairly well established and eventually got a male child. Then I put my oldest male (now 24) with the next oldest female and she's carrying a baby. Then I "accidentally" ended up with my third oldest female carrying a baby too when I set her to parenting and had her "telling a story" to the two kids. When she finished, she got together with my 24 year old male before I could stop her, lol!

I've had a couple different ones get sick, but were easy to "heal" and have not had any "negative" events yet, so things are going smoothly. smile

Edited to add: I would have LOVED to have even one runner, but never saw a single one offered, lol!

Edited by Simsane (05/06/10 08:46 AM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter