Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 181 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#216022 - 02/05/10 12:25 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: arnie]
slh Offline
Adviser

What a nice surprise! I've been flat out and only remembering to come here every couple of days.

So it looks like we get to hand-pick our starting villagers. Nice! I wonder if we HAVE to choose a woman nursing a baby? I'd rather have her work for a while, but I've managed for 3 games so far, so I guess I'll manage again wink

The main picture looks so different now that it's in colour. What IS that orange glow that's coming from inside the cave? At least, it looks like it's coming from a cave behind/beside him. Is the chief calling the villagers to follow him, is he standing there and watching over them, or is he bidding them goodbye?

I really like the interface going across the top and bottom of the screen. Seems like you can see more, and could be easier for scrolling longer distances too.

Good luck to the testers and to the bug fixers smile

#216024 - 02/05/10 12:59 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: slh]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
So it looks like we get to hand-pick our starting villagers.
That would be fun, although it might cause some problems with some people new to the VV games. Imagine if they picked all five as mothers with a baby for instance! The poor things would starve to death in short order. (Unless mothers can do more things in VV4 than in earlier versions.) Or if they picked all women or all men ...

I expect an all-kids group might survive on mushrooms alone and might be able to find enough duplicate collectibles to get some extra tech points, but it would be touch-and-go.

#216025 - 02/05/10 02:22 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: arnie]
pumpkin_28 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Canada
I hope its out really soon. I am due to have my first baby in another week and was really hoping to play at least a little before my little bundle of joy arrives!

#216026 - 02/05/10 02:35 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: pumpkin_28]
angelbonzo Offline
Adviser

Loc: United Kingdom
i knew it was going to be good but it looks AMAZING! im all excited again now! the mausoleum is a great idea and i like the fact that you can select your villagers but i suppose u'd have to be careful if its like VF and you're selecting your tribe. i really cant wait for VV4!

#216036 - 02/05/10 05:27 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: pumpkin_28]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: pumpkin_28
I hope its out really soon. I am due to have my first baby in another week and was really hoping to play at least a little before my little bundle of joy arrives!

Congratulations! laugh

I suspect you're right; you won't have much time to play VV after the arrival. I suppose the release of the new game is a little like that. The doctors might predict a date, but you can be never sure of the exact day of arrival. wink

If you can, do pop back to keep us informed.

#216042 - 02/05/10 06:20 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: Rockmower]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Thank you LDW!
Thank you indeed!
Now please hurry up!
Can't you just feel our need?

hihi Rockmower you're soo creative grin

Pumpkin: Congrats laugh how exciting your live must be!! a bundle of joy on the way AND a brandnew VV to come, you can play while it sleeps ... laugh (double joy)yeah! please keep us posted?

Just maybe ... the selecting villagers thing is to select a group of villagers who will go on safari in the woods or on a raft fishing at sea??? anybody wonders about the doc that needs repair? Seems to me there can be a boat or raft that picks villagers up just there to go fishing? rafting?

All those screenies look so intriquing ...

Can't wait is what you hear a lot these days, but still we will AND we do ... wink

#216044 - 02/05/10 06:39 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: GymnastMaybe]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
It' looks good and even looking better than the others. "Way you go LDW". LDW bound to make lots of improvement each game as they come out, thats why we look forward to each and every one. laugh

#216047 - 02/05/10 06:58 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: Luke Gates]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
That's awesome! You need to try VV2, though. I completed the game in the demo on my dad's iphone, even though I could only have a population of 8. grin

Congrats, pumkin 28! Is it a boy or girl? And I agree with Mbee. You can play VV4 while your baby sleeps. grin

Edited by Xay (02/05/10 08:53 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#216050 - 02/05/10 07:48 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: horsecrazy123]
pumpkin_28 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Canada
Thanks guys! I imagine I'll get some playing in while the baby sleeps, lol. I'm having a little girl and am most anxiously awaiting her arrival. As Arnie said, some dates just aren't predictable, so it cuold be another couple of weeks yet. I am now home relaxing on mat leave so it would be lovely to play vv4 beforehand!

#216051 - 02/05/10 08:36 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life - Preview N.2 [Re: arnie]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
So it looks like we get to hand-pick our starting villagers.
That would be fun, although it might cause some problems with some people new to the VV games. Imagine if they picked all five as mothers with a baby for instance! The poor things would starve to death in short order. (Unless mothers can do more things in VV4 than in earlier versions.) Or if they picked all women or all men ...

I expect an all-kids group might survive on mushrooms alone and might be able to find enough duplicate collectibles to get some extra tech points, but it would be touch-and-go.
I would imagine that the tutorial/help that the games thus far have provided would continue to be a feature in this game, and if the hand-picking villagers idea rings true, I'm sure the game would suggest a good combination of kids, women and men. smile

Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter