Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#215899 - 02/03/10 02:07 AM Food running out - please help :' (
jonah Offline

I have virtual villagers 2 on my ipod, but every time I play they all die before I can get the infinite food and nothing they other forums sayed helped. please help : )

Edited by Xay (02/03/10 02:24 AM)
Edit Reason: specific thread title

#215902 - 02/03/10 02:45 AM Re: Food running out - please help :' ( [Re: jonah]
Luke Gates Offline
Consigliere

What point in the game are you at?

#215907 - 02/03/10 03:48 AM Re: Food running out - please help :' ( [Re: Luke Gates]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
First of all make sure you don't increase your population too fast or they'll use up too much food. Second in the beginning have everyone but one farmer researching to earn tech points fast

Click to reveal..
Then take and buy farming level two this lets you get coconuts. Then save up for buidling number 2 so you can build a dam to access crops.

Hope this helps. I hope I didn't spoil too much for you. Also don't forget to collect collectibles and mushroom they help alot. smile

#215923 - 02/03/10 01:10 PM Re: Food running out - please help :' ( [Re: Havetia]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
It's important to get L3 Farming as soon as possible. As already mentioned, don't increase your population too fast; in fact, I avoid having any kids at all until the supply of food is assured. My strategy is:
Click to reveal..
Go first of all for L2 building so you can build the dam and get crops. Then go for L2 science to gain tech points faster. After that, I go straight for L3 farming. Being able to access the coconuts is no big deal as they're not worth much food and the farmers tend to go for them first rather than fish (when available) or pick crops. I reserve it only for emergencies, if my tribe has no more food available. Usually I don't get it until I'm ready to buy L3.

I put everyone I can on research as much as possible. There's no point in builders working on the hut or repairing the love shack, for instance, since they are not yet needed. When food stocks become high enough (I work on over ~500) I'll set the farmer to research. I'll do the same when the crop field is empty. It's important to remember, though, to reset the farmer back to farming when food stocks drop or crops become available, particularly if you won't be able to check the game for a few hours.

As also mentioned, keep an eye open for mushrooms and collectibles, as they can be very useful in increasing food stocks or tech points.

#216234 - 02/08/10 09:25 PM Re: Food running out - please help :' ( [Re: arnie]
jonah Offline

thank you so much you all helped! wink

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter