Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#215624 - 01/24/10 10:11 PM Fast Forwarding
twilightbabe98 Offline

Loc: My Computer
I was wondering...when you fast forward on iPod touch, and pass on the house, I don't get a marriage proposal as fast as I usually do. I have to wait about an hour or so. Is this because I fast forwarded?

#215628 - 01/24/10 10:25 PM Re: Fast Forwarding [Re: twilightbabe98]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
As with any version of our games, fast forwarding (also known as 'time traveling') is not recommended. It can harm your computer system, as well as your device.

While the below explanation was written for the Windows versions of our games, it can also apply to the iPhone/iPod touch:

Originally Posted By: FAQ Answer
You should first check to make sure that your game is not paused, however, this problem is most frequently caused when people try to make the game progress more quickly by adjusting their computer's system clock. While that sort of "time travel" is a popular way to speed up game play, real-time games rely on the accuracy of the computer's system clock to operate properly. Unpredictable results can occur if adjustments are made to the clock, especially moving the clock backwards in time. Different games will respond differently under those circumstances, ranging from minor statistics anomalies to killing whatever is living in the game. Virtual Families has a much more complex real-time engine than Fish Tycoon, and you're much more likely to see problems with it when adjusting the system clock.

While many people do adjust their system clocks to speed up play, doing so affects far more than just the games. Every application in your computer is affected, including the file system and Windows system applications. For all of those reasons, we do not recommend changing your computer's system clock to speed up game play.

There are a couple of ways to resolve the problem: You could wait it out and see if the game recovers, perhaps starting another game in a different slot while you're waiting. Or you could just delete the malfunctioning game and start over.

The clock can also be inadvertently changed if you double-click that little Windows clock in the bottom right corner to check dates and times (a lot of people do that without realizing that it changes anything on their computer). Also, Windows has the ability to set the computer's clock using an Internet time reference, so if the clock was inaccurate the resulting time correction could affect the game.

LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#215629 - 01/24/10 10:29 PM Re: Fast Forwarding [Re: Xay]
twilightbabe98 Offline

Loc: My Computer
Thanks so much!!!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter