Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#215246 - 01/16/10 01:44 AM VF iPhone vs. Desktop? Help is loved :)
Annadae Offline
Trainee

Loc: NJ
Hi there laugh My name is Annadae, and I'm a little new here. I've been looking at VF for a while now, and am wondering whether or not there is a real difference between the iPhone version and the computer one. Like what features/interactions/etc. are on one but not the other. Thanks much in advance!

#215252 - 01/16/10 03:06 AM Re: VF iPhone vs. Desktop? Help is loved :) [Re: Annadae]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The iPhone version is 'single-player' (does not support 5 player slots) and has no keyboard support, so you cannot rename family members, create notes about the peeps, or anything else that would require the use of a keyboard. The user image mods that members of our fan community have created for the desktop versions are not usable on the iPhone version.

Also, although the family knows when it's day or night and behaves accordingly, you will not see darkness in the iPhone version, due to a technical limitation.

The Lite (free) version for iPhone/iPod touch has other limitations in game play, such as family size limits and smaller selection of items available in the store. These limitations don't exist in the full (paid) version of VF for iPhone.

#215254 - 01/16/10 03:14 AM Re: VF iPhone vs. Desktop? Help is loved :) [Re: LadyCFII]
Annadae Offline
Trainee

I see, thank you!! (: I have seen some threads about genetic wonders (for instance, rainbow girl) and pets doing things like scratching furniture. Do those nifty little things go on the iPhone version? Or is VF on the iPhone exactly the same as PC, save for the things you mentioned?

#215255 - 01/16/10 03:21 AM Re: VF iPhone vs. Desktop? Help is loved :) [Re: Annadae]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The iPhone version is essentially the same game as the desktop versions (we ported it from the Mac version). The differences I noted above are due to the technical differences between computers and iPhones/iPods. The game play is the same, along with the same people and store items (where you can purchase pets).

#215256 - 01/16/10 03:27 AM Re: VF iPhone vs. Desktop? Help is loved :) [Re: LadyCFII]
Annadae Offline
Trainee

That's excellent laugh I'm quite pleased to hear that, and I completely understand the difficulty that is associated with porting from a computer to an iPod. Thank you so much for answering my questions, I can tell this forum is quite a friendly place! smile

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter