Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211702 - 10/17/09 08:03 PM Game restarts after couple dies?
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Howdy - Hadn't found an answer for this by just searching so I though I'd post; this is on Virtual Families iphone lite version: so the wife dies and then the husband is left alone depressed. I wasn't sure if I should've pressed the start new generation when the families page came up as they did have a child off to college - I thought he was just going to come home when the mom passed :P But after I had closed the app and came back later, the game had restarted from the beginning; I'm guessing the husband had passed too. Does this happen when both couple dies? I'm not sure if its a bug or something I could've prevented by somehow making the son come home?

#211706 - 10/17/09 08:56 PM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: djenvz]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I don't believe it was the situation that caused the game to restart....please see this answer from our FAQ:

Originally Posted By: FAQ
It appears that a small percentage of people are seeing a problem with the automatic save feature of the game when it is first installed. We are looking into the cause, but it appears that the problem is in some way related to purchasing and installing the game directly onto the device, rather than through iTunes. It would be helpful to us to know how you installed it: purchased and installed directly on the device or purchased through iTunes and synced to the device. If you are willing to provide that information, please submit our Support Form by clicking "No" below and tell us how you installed the game. In any event, the following procedure will correct the problem you are experiencing:

1. Sync your device with iTunes to back up the application
2. Delete Virtual Families from your device (tap and hold until the 'x' appears, tap on the 'x' and confirm delete of Virtual Families)
3. Sync your device with iTunes again to reinstall Virtual Families (make sure that the game is checked to sync with the device on the applications tab when the device is selected in iTunes)
4. Disconnect the device when the sync is finished
5. Before you run the game again, hold the power button for at least 5 seconds until the red slider appears and turn the device off. Then turn the device back on
6. Run the game again, and it should now save properly.

Hopefully this will assist you smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#211712 - 10/17/09 11:38 PM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: Xay]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Hello! I did try doing that but I think I failed to power down to turn the device off as it still started a new game - consequently I just decided to start a new game. I was just wondering at this point if it was a lite version thing as I had been playing this game for a week and had no issues with the game saving properly at all. I'll see if it happens again with this new family smile

#211754 - 10/18/09 08:52 PM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: djenvz]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Oh by the way - the above fix is just to fix the game save yes? But not to retrive your last saved iphone game(that is, like the last family/generation you played?)

#211755 - 10/18/09 09:40 PM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: djenvz]

That is correct, djenvz smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#211926 - 10/24/09 01:41 AM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: Xay]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Oh also in the event a couple dies with no children - will you just get a new generation option? On the iphone lite version smile

#211930 - 10/24/09 03:46 AM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: djenvz]

If a couple passes with no children, the game is over, in all versions.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#211938 - 10/24/09 05:46 PM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: Xay]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Awww what a bummer - I think my second generation in my iphone lite version is heading in that direction - they've tried a few times to 'make a baby' and it just isn't happening. They're in their late 30's now so I'll try a few more times :P Maybe there's still a chance!

#211944 - 10/24/09 09:13 PM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: djenvz]

There's always still a chance! smile Don't give up smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#212055 - 10/29/09 04:02 AM Re: Game restarts after couple dies? [Re: Xay]
djenvz Offline
Trainee

Hello! smile So the couple finally had a kid ... and then he went off to college and then they got old - the husband passed away and then I was presented with a new generation option even if the wife was still around. I clicked on New Generation, and their kid moved in. But where did the Mom go? I thought she'd still be there - in the family tree, her picture isn't grayed out like all the other generations that already passed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter