Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#210151 - 09/14/09 02:53 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: Lewanda]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
The stool looks great!! I am glad the brush worked so well!! It definetly makes it look like it is a skirt and not just a blob of fabric!! Awesome job!!! grin

#210170 - 09/14/09 09:14 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

I figured out a way to do the shadows without using the shadow filter in GIMP!

I was just thinking about the shadows I see in other mods, and staring at the shadow of my little people while playing my game on my MacBook during my lunch, and I suddenly got a new idea to try to do the shadows for my throw pillows. I just tried it out...and it worked to my perfectionistic satisfaction (is that a real word?)!! Hurray!! grin

So when I get home I'll do the shadows for my mound of pillows, even if it means doing the pillows all over again once more, add the walnut trim on a part of the bottom of the wall that I forgot to put it on last night, and unless there's something else that needs to be done that someone else can think of, I'll then be able to post the room and the bed upgrade in the Mods section!!! (I'm just a little bit happy about this, but you probably couldn't tell...)

I just have one more question (for now...): How do you make a thumbnail for the Mods directory (sorry for the need for yet another piece of advice)? Do I just cut out a part of the room and use that cut-out piece as the directory preview/thumbnail?

Edited by lam (09/14/09 09:17 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot something...

#210172 - 09/14/09 09:30 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
As far as the thumbnail, yep, that's about it! Choose a square portion of a screen shot of the room that you think shows off the room to the best advantage ("SELL" the room! lol) and just upload it in the post. smile

#210175 - 09/14/09 09:41 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: Krystal]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
Are you going to leave the top of the other night stand empty or were you going to put something there? Just curious. You should be excited!! I will say it again. I can't believe it is your first mod!! grin

#210177 - 09/14/09 10:10 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: JennaC145]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Lam - the Mod Directory preview is whatever you'd like it to be. smile What I ask is that the thumbnail be no bigger than 150 x 150. However, if you look through some of the mods in the Mods Forum, you'll see that some of our modders have gotten creative with their thumbnails and have split up the image to "showcase" different aspects of their rooms. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#210201 - 09/15/09 03:12 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Congratulations Lam. How did it work out when you got home?

#210206 - 09/15/09 04:48 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: MissKathy]
lam Offline

Quote:
How did it work out when you got home?

It worked very well! I'm quite pleased with the results. Though I had to redo the pillows again...and each time I redo something, it's a bit different, as I can never remember just how I did it...

So there are lots more pillows. grin

But our little people will be quite comfy.

I just have a couple more things to do with the bedroom itself now, and then it will all be ready (once I'm satisfied with the results of said additions, that is). I don't know whether I'll get to it tonight, as I'm wiped out (I have a 70-mile-one-way commute to work each day), but it will certainly be this week.

#210226 - 09/15/09 01:03 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
I can't wait to see all of the changes! You did an amazing job on your mod Lam!

#210274 - 09/16/09 05:29 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: Xay]
lam Offline

Originally Posted By: Xay
Lam - the Mod Directory preview is whatever you'd like it to be. smile What I ask is that the thumbnail be no bigger than 150 x 150. However, if you look through some of the mods in the Mods Forum, you'll see that some of our modders have gotten creative with their thumbnails and have split up the image to "showcase" different aspects of their rooms. smile

I have another question about the thumbnail that may sound a little dumb, but since I've never done this before, I need to ask.

I understand that I should post one or two screenshots of the room in my game to show what it looks like, and I'd like to post one without the bed upgrade and one with the bed upgrade. I now understand how to make my thumbnail(s) for the mod directory, and I know that I should put all the necessary files together into a zip file.

The part that I don't understand is: What do I do with the thumbnails to make sure they're used for the mod directory? Do I put them into the zip file along with all the other files? The answer is probably incredibly obvious, but I just can't figure out what that answer could be.

Thanks so much!

#210276 - 09/16/09 05:33 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
What I usually do (and this is true for many modders) is put it in the post of my mod like I do with the screenshots. That way it's easy for Xay to get at them to include them with the directory.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter