Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#210123 - 09/14/09 01:55 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
It all looks so very nice Lam. The only thing I'd change would be to make some of the square pillows the color of the round one to match the bed drape more. I'd also add a soft drop shadow to all the pillows to give them a bit more depth.

#210133 - 09/14/09 03:12 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: Lewanda]
lam Offline

I can go ahead and make some of the square pillows a lighter color. Hope I can remember the color I used for the round pillow...

I was trying to add a drop shadow using the GIMP's lighting and shadow filter, but for some reason, the shadow kept on appearing above the pillows instead of below them, so I sort of gave up on that. I guess I need some help as to how to do shadows. I really would like to have the shadows.

#210134 - 09/14/09 03:37 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
I've been following your progress Lam and you're doing a beautiful job! I especially love the pattern on the closet door!

I haven't sat down with GIMP and actually learn how to use it yet but in alot of ways it's similar to Photoshop (which I do use). To change the angle of the drop shadow play around with the X and Y offsets as well as the Blur Radius in the Lighting and Shadow Filter options in GIMP. It looks like it would work similar to the distance and angle options in Photoshop. smile

#210135 - 09/14/09 04:27 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: MissKathy]
lam Offline

Thanks!

Maybe I'll try doing the shadows in Photoshop Elements instead of GIMP. Every time I think I've got the shadow right in GIMP, and then I show all the other layers so that I can see the shadow on the bed, it just vanishes among the patterns on the bedspread. blush

Maybe I should have tried something simpler for my first mod...

#210136 - 09/14/09 04:40 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
lam Offline

Okay, I refuse to give up...

I recolored the throw pillows. Well, I did the pillows all over again because I could not remember the exact color I made the round one. blush

I also...just couldn't help myself...added more throw pillows. I hope our little people will be able to sleep on these pillows, once I'm done and have released this mod!

Here's a preview of the bed upgrade by itself, with my new footstool (thank you to everyone who helped with that!).

I still need to make the drop shadows show up for the throw pillows, though. It's just now showing up against the pattern of the bedspread, no matter how dark I make it...

What do you think? There are so many pillows now, I'm afraid there are too many, but I can always take some out by removing one of the pillow layers.

I know they look a lot like real pillows or photos of pillows, but I kind of like that look. Plus, it saves me the touble of having to shade them to get them to look like real pillows. grin (I also like the look of the real furniture in lots of the mods I have seen.)

Thanks again for all your help!

#210138 - 09/14/09 05:15 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

I think it looks great Lam. All the pillows look so comfy. I don't think you went over your head either...You're a real natural at this. Have you ever tried Paintshop Pro 9? It's so much easier to use for graphics, and making drop shadows with it are a cinch?

#210140 - 09/14/09 05:38 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: Lewanda]
lam Offline

Thanks!

But I've never tried Paintshop Pro at all. I have a Mac, and Paintshop Pro isn't available for the Mac OS. I have Photoshop Elements, though, which is supposed to be a lot like Photoshop (which is too costly for me) and I have Corel Painter, but I don't know whether that one does drop shadows. I've only ever used that program for painting.

But I just got an idea... Maybe I can just draw in the drop shadows...

#210142 - 09/14/09 05:56 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

I have Elements and Photoshop. They're really not very much alike. Photoshop is a costly. It's a professional tool that I couldn't do without. Good luck Sweetheart!

#210143 - 09/14/09 07:06 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: Lewanda]
lam Offline

I tried adding some shadows by using the perspective shadow filter, and I tried adding shadows by shading them in. This is what I got:

How's this?

#210144 - 09/14/09 07:36 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

It looks exquisite Lam! The colors in the pillows go really well with your bed drapes.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter