Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#210031 - 09/13/09 12:56 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
lam Offline

Hello everyone!

I just put the nightstands in... It was harder than I thought it would be...

I also recolored the wood of the bed frame to make it match everything else a little better...

I think the nightstands look a little bare, but all I can think of is to put a little pot of plants or something like that on top. But I'm not sure whether I could draw something like that.

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting my bed upgrade just the way I want it. Does anyone have any suggestions for that?

Thanks!

Edited by lam (09/13/09 12:58 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot something...once again...

#210032 - 09/13/09 01:00 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
What part are you having a hard time with?

#210033 - 09/13/09 01:07 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Wow, thanks for the quick reply!

I'm trying to draw a bedskirt type of thing, but I'd like it to match (or at least coordinate with) the valance. I also want to add something like that to the footstool.

So far I've been unsuccessful at drawing them separately and then putting them on, because that frustrating perspectives tool just won't get the perspective just right.

But remember those puffy curtains that I got when I drew the curtains directly over the original headboard? That's what my bedskirt looked a lot like when I tried drawing it directly on the bed. frown

I guess I just need advice as to how to make my idea work. My heart is set on having that bedskirt, or something like that around the edge of the bed spread that will coordinate with the valance.

#210034 - 09/13/09 01:21 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Ahh!! I am so horrible with the perspective tool that I am of no help whatsoever!!! I would have tried drawing it on too. I don't know. Let me ponder it. I am sure somebody will come up with something!! If a light goes off I will let you know! Have you googled bedding to get some ideas?

#210045 - 09/13/09 02:31 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Googled bedding, found some ideas! Don't know why I didn't think of that...

Thanks!

#210048 - 09/13/09 02:40 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

You are welcome!!! Hope that you find something that works!! It will look awesome! grin

#210057 - 09/13/09 07:28 AM Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade
lam Offline

Thanks, everyone, for your assistance so far with my very first mod. I could not have gotten this far without all of you. grin

Here's what I have so far for my first bed upgrade. I still need to add back the regular pillows, and there are a couple other things I want to do with the room itself to go along with the bed upgrade. I'm showing it with the bedroom right now because I need a bit of advice.

I'm wondering whether I overdid it with the pillows. I've already removed some of those that I put, as I almost had the entire bed covered with them. I love pillows...

How about the color of the pillows against the color of the bed things? And the color of the whole bed upgrade with the color of the curtains? I'm wondering whether I ought to tone down the color of the bed things and throw pillows a bit.

I found the basket and the flowers in the Images folder and I put them together to make this basket of flowers on the nightstand. smile

Any other suggestions and advice welcome!

Thanks

#210061 - 09/13/09 12:10 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

I love all of the pillows on the bed. I would either make them a little bit lighter or a little bit darker. Closer to the little pillow or the round one. I love the basket of flowers it looks really cute on the nightstand. You have really done a great job. Did you give up on the skirt for the footstool? I was so hoping you would get that one figured out! I have an idea for it though. If you decide you still want to try that I will send you a pic of what I was thinking. Very pretty Lam!!! grin

#210070 - 09/13/09 03:02 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Thanks, Jenna!

I haven't really given up on the skirt for the footstool. I just haven't figured out yet how to get it done, so if you send me a picture of what you were thinking, I'm sure it would be a big help. smile

Edited by lam (09/13/09 03:03 PM)
Edit Reason: to correct a grammatical error.

#210120 - 09/14/09 01:42 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bed/w Bed Upgrade [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
I like the way that it's coming along, but I have one tip: The pillows look a lot like photographs of real pillows, and I've found that if you just lightly blur photographs they'll look a bit more like the graphics of the game.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter