Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#209750 - 09/09/09 05:15 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: Krystal]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
I love how it's coming along! Just need to be careful with the darker areas of the room because if it looks too blurred it gets a grey color to it which can be recolored if you wish anyway grin

Otherwise, it really does look great!

#209826 - 09/10/09 03:51 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
lam Offline

First...

Thanks so much, all of you who gave me assistance, advice, and encouragement.

Next...

Here is a final preview, before I add back the nightstands.

I did the curtain today at work, during my lunch (brought my MacBook with me to work just for that purpose), and I did the valance and those two little "knobs" for lack of a better word for them, when I got home.

I also recolored the bed things in an effort to make them match better, color-wise.

Along with the video tutorial that Jenna sent me the link for, closely examining all the great mods I see here, especially the custom curtains, helped me to visualize how to do my curtains the way I really wanted them. And doing it turned out to be rather fun!

How is it?

#209827 - 09/10/09 04:03 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Ooooh, I love it! The curtain is wonderfully done and I love the pattern on the side of the bed!

#209829 - 09/10/09 05:02 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: Krystal]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Oh my goodness, my heart actually jumped when I saw the bedroom Lam, lol! You did absolutely outstanding with it! It looks so realistic and it really adds to the room.

Beautiful work Lam, you really surprised me grin

#209830 - 09/10/09 05:29 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: Lyssaria]
lam Offline

Thanks! I'm really glad you like it! I actually surprised myself. And doing it was so much fun. laugh

Now, on to those nightstands...

Edited by lam (09/10/09 05:31 AM)

#209831 - 09/10/09 05:41 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
WOW!!! FAB! It looks sooo good!! Lam you did an awesome job. I have to say I was a little worried about the puffy curtains. But this is great! How are you going to top this with your bed upgrade? I can't wait until it is done!!! grin

#209832 - 09/10/09 05:49 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Glad you like it!

About those puffy curtains... I could not stop thinking about them with dissatisfaction, and was determined to do better.

I was just asking myself the same question about the bed upgrade. But I just got an idea... When I begin working on it (after I put the nightstands back in the room), I'll be sure to show at least one preview before I release it with the room. grin

My next question is: What am I going to do for the other rooms? I'm thinking of a theme for the children's room. I want the entire house to have a sort of a theme, though they won't all be rosy.

Any suggestions?

#209833 - 09/10/09 05:54 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

For the children's room I would go with something very gender neutral such as animals & animal prints or candy whistle

I just had to throw candy in there somewhere! There's a lot of possibilities for the children's room.. it can be really cute!

#209834 - 09/10/09 05:56 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: Lyssaria]
lam Offline

Oooh, candy sounds delicious! I'll keep that in mind. smile

#209835 - 09/10/09 06:18 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
I have this little retro theme in my head for some reason. I guess with all of the pattern and pillow hunting I have been doing. I had bean bag chairs and lava lamps in my head!!! lol The kids room stumps me too. I am so in love with Miss Kathy's kids room that I would never change that one but would love a different one in my other house. So keep that imagination going!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter