Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 181 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#209666 - 09/08/09 07:53 PM The Rose Room
lam Offline

Okay...

Here is my bedroom with my first attempt at adding a curtain in the headboard area. I drew it on a layer on top of the default bedroom layer (making sure, of course, to be actually on the curtain layer) so that I could use the headboard as a guide.

Then I shaded it, copied it, and pasted it several times, moving each pasted copy around a bit to give the curtain(s) a fuller look.

I need to add something just above the curtain so that it won't look like it's "floating" behind the bed. I'm thinking of using a piece of the default headboard, at least until I can come up with some other idea.

And probably I'll have to adjust the color...

But what do you guys think about the:
  • shading
  • color
  • perspective (got around having to use the perspective tool by drawing the curtain right over the default headboard) wink

Any comments, critiques, suggestions welcome and solicited grin

#209669 - 09/08/09 08:28 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curtains [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
Once you figure out a headboard it is going to look great!!! I was laughing at the length we will go to not have to use that dumb tool!! Is it billowy in front because of the "headboard"? For only learning the path's tool yesterday I think it is FAB!!!

#209670 - 09/08/09 08:51 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

I think it's billowy like that because of the pattern I used for the curtain. The pattern has some really light portions in it (I used this photo to make the pattern), and so the lighter portions of the pattern seem highlighted even though I didn't highlight all of the light portions.

And I also had the tendency to want to shade the areas around the naturally-light parts darker. Don't know why...

But maybe I'll change it to use a solid color to avoid that look. Then again, doesn't it make it look sort of as if the curtains are sheer?

I also think it's because I copied and pasted the curtain several times to make it look fuller.

But maybe the fact that I drew it on top of the headboard has something to do with it also. I drew it at an angle to make it look as if I had used the perspective tool. grin

Edited by lam (09/08/09 08:57 PM)
Edit Reason: needed to change something...

#209676 - 09/08/09 09:51 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
I think it is because of drawing it over the headboard. You could try a solid but I like the pattern. Have you tried to draw a headboard just to see how it changes the curtains?

#209677 - 09/08/09 09:58 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Not yet. I was going to use the very top portion of the default headboard, without the books, to start with.

#209680 - 09/08/09 10:15 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
If you'd like, you can use the top of the headboard from the last master bedroom mod I made. I moved the books on that one, so that part of the work is already done. Just thought I'd offer, if you want to save some time. (If you rather do it yourself, that's fine too. wink )

#209681 - 09/08/09 10:38 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: Krystal]
lam Offline

I'll try that. Thanks!

#209685 - 09/08/09 10:53 PM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

No problem! I hope it works out for you!

#209704 - 09/09/09 01:21 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: Krystal]
lam Offline

Thanks to Krystal's headboard (Thanks again, Krystal!)...

Here's my attempt at adding a sort of a frame to the curtained headboard. All wood throughout the room is now stained walnut. Variation in color due to natural variation in color of the wood's grain. wink

I still need to add the nightstands, though I'm tempted to leave them out. I'm going to go ahead and put them in, otherwise it will look very strange indeed when my little people decide to clean the nightstand(s)...

Any other suggestions? Comments welcome and invited!

#209706 - 09/09/09 01:33 AM Re: Preview: lam's Master Bedroom with First Attempt at Curt [Re: lam]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Ooh, it looks nice! Right now it looks like a really fancy (but small) hotel room. grin

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter