Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#201717 - 07/05/09 06:05 PM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: pebbles22]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Vista can be like a very strict baby sitter sometimes..it protects your files to keep from bad files (malware) doing bad things to your system and playing with your files.

You do need to have certain rights over the Program Files folder to make any changes to it in the first place so this would be telling your baby sitter to back off because you know what you're doing..

to test if Vista just doesn't want you playing with your Program Files folder, you can try moving/installing the Virtual Families folder to another area of your computer and try seeing if it'll run properly from there. If this is the case, you can consider moving your game onto a blank CD smile

#209509 - 09/06/09 09:07 PM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: Lyssaria]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Okay, now I'm having this problem. I've tried the things described in this thread - reinstalling, DEP settings, compatibility - and nothing seems to be working. It gets past the LDW logo scene and to the loading screen and then it stops. frown

--Oh yes, and I'm running an evaluation copy of Windows 7. It doesn't seem, thus far, to be all that different than Vista...

Edited by Krystal (09/06/09 09:10 PM)

#209511 - 09/06/09 09:12 PM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: Krystal]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Have you tried temporarily moving your savegame files (or renaming the savegame folder) to see if one of the files has become corrupted? A corrupted savegame file can cause loading problems.

#209559 - 09/07/09 06:20 AM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: LadyCFII]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Normally I'm pretty computer savvy, but it seems this has gone over my head. Heh. What exactly am I trying to do? confused blush

#209566 - 09/07/09 10:46 AM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: Krystal]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Krystal,

This FAQ answer should help.

#209577 - 09/07/09 05:05 PM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: arnie]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

I backed up the files, renamed the folder with the saved games and it still crashed... but then I reinstalled the game, put in all the mods I wanted in one big file copying session and now it seems to be working!!

(P.S. I think the problem also had something to do with the fact I hadn't noticed the name of one of the mods was slightly off from what the game recognized blush So I guess it's all on me!)

#209595 - 09/07/09 06:55 PM Re: virtualfamilies.exe has stopped working [Re: Krystal]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Yay!

Glad you got it working! I'd guess you're right and it was because the game was trying to load an important image and crashed when it couldn't find it. wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter