Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#209269 - 09/03/09 09:46 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
The biggest difference I noticed was the bed was a lot more red instead of a pale pink. The walls were also a lot darker. There's a white line on the bottom right edge of the bedspread. Other than the colors being darker instead of paler, it's very good. Maybe shrink the carpet pattern some more. Looks great Lam. Can't wait to see the final version!!

#209274 - 09/03/09 10:26 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
I think it looks great Sweetie. The only thing I'd change would be to tone down the color a bit.

#209275 - 09/03/09 10:39 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lewanda]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
The perspective tool is mean!! It is really hard to figure out. I love the rose pattern. I agree that the paler version was really good. So just adjust the color and it will be really beautiful.

#209277 - 09/03/09 10:48 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Thanks so much, everyone! laugh

Okay, how's this?

I toned down the color of the walls and the bedspread and footstool cushion, scaled down the carpet a bit more, and blurred the line between the floor and the carpet a bit.

I used the same color for the fitted sheet (I used a gradient for that), but still could not get it exactly the same as it was last time, though I used the same gradient. I guess not being exactly the same isn't always bad, though. I like this fitted sheet better than the first one.

I forgot something... blush

For the lamps, I would like to do something totally different from the lamps as they are in the game. Maybe draw something to use as a lamp instead of having a traditional lamp, or using an image of something else as a lamp.

And for the headboard, instead of having either the game headboard (I can't stand those books on the top) or a normal headboard (though they're very nice), I think I want something like curtains on the wall behind the bed instead, and let that serve as a headboard.

Has anyone done anything like either of those things before? And if so, was it really hard to do?

#209291 - 09/04/09 12:18 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Very pretty! I know what you mean about the headboard. I haven't seen any mods that use only a curtain behind the bed but you should take a look at this. In this example, the fabric on the wall is part of the bedroom upgrade. Bayoublonde also has different lights (no lamps).

#209294 - 09/04/09 12:46 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: MissKathy]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
I looked up wall lamps and found some really pretty ones. You just get to use the nasty perspective tool again though to do it. I also hate the lamps and headboard. It took me about 3 days to get a new headboard into my room and then it looked horrible. I love the curtains on the wall idea! I thought of doing that and have it around a cool picture or something like that! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!

#209298 - 09/04/09 12:57 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: MissKathy]
lam Offline

Oooh, I like Bayoublonde's lights in that bedroom! I like the curtains, too, but I really like the lights.

#209300 - 09/04/09 01:02 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Originally Posted By: JennaC145
I looked up wall lamps and found some really pretty ones. You just get to use the nasty perspective tool again though to do it. I also hate the lamps and headboard. It took me about 3 days to get a new headboard into my room and then it looked horrible. I love the curtains on the wall idea! I thought of doing that and have it around a cool picture or something like that! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!

I was thinking of using a globe or some other shape as each lamp, but I haven't decided whether to have them standing on top of a stand on each nightstand, on the wall above each nightstand, or just sitting right on the nightstand. I just didn't say that before because I thought it might sound a little strange...

But I'll also look for wall lamps online. The perspective tool is difficult, but I figure that the more I use it, the better I'll get at using it. smile

I might try both to see which I like best, though.

#209304 - 09/04/09 01:12 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
Oh, the color is so much better! I love the pattern! It's coming along so well! I hope you try the curtain thing behind the bed. I think it's a great idea. smile The perspective tool is a huge pain! lol I can't ever get it right, so I just try to draw in what I want. The lights are easy enough to draw if you choose a simple design, the one thing I had to remember to do was to make it look like the light was on. If you don't it looks funny at night. blush I figured that one out the hard way! laugh

#209309 - 09/04/09 01:26 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: kissy06]
Elf-girl Offline
Expert

Loc: I move too fast to know
I love how it looks!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter