Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#208910 - 08/29/09 09:41 PM Please Critique This...
lam Offline

Okay, thanks to the help and advice that I received here from some of you, I have done a mod for my master bedroom. It isn't perfect, but this is the first mod I have ever done.

Please tell me what you think... Stuff like how it might be improved, what can go, what might be added, etc.

The faint pattern on the walls, the bedspread, the little bench cushion, and the lampshades (and I think also on the light part of the bed sheet underneath the pillows) came from a photo of a rose that I took somewhere in the gated community that I live in. I scaled it down and made it seamless so that I could then "pour" it into the elements of the room that I used it in.

Thanks so much!

#208912 - 08/29/09 09:47 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
I love everything about it. smile Love the pattern you used!

#208918 - 08/29/09 10:59 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lewanda]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
Wow! Very pretty! I did notice a line on the edge of the footboard on the bed and on the left side of the bench. You could either paint over it or erase it. That's the only thing I see, and I had to go through my bedroom and do the same thing. laugh Great job!!!

#208929 - 08/30/09 03:33 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: kissy06]
lam Offline

Okay, how is this?

I added a trim that was originally supposed to look like wood to the bottom of the wall, and I still need to do the bed upgrade, though.

#208930 - 08/30/09 03:36 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
It looks like something a long-time mod creator could have done. smile Fabulous!

#208935 - 08/30/09 05:24 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lewanda]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
Wonderful job! I really like the rose theme. You did great. laugh

#208938 - 08/30/09 05:56 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: kissy06]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Beautiful bedroom mod, lam! I can tell there's going to be many great things coming from you grin

One little trick I like to do is add a darkened border around the wallpaper and floor edges to give it a shiny softer look, it's worth giving a shot sometime! It's similar to adding shades to the side of the bed sheets smile

#208939 - 08/30/09 06:46 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lyssaria]
lam Offline

Originally Posted By: Lyssaria
One little trick I like to do is add a darkened border around the wallpaper and floor edges to give it a shiny softer look, it's worth giving a shot sometime! It's similar to adding shades to the side of the bed sheets smile

I'll have to try that trick before I totally finish with the room. That's probably what the narrow trim around the bottom of the wall needs, but I couldn't figure out what that was. blush

I'm working on the bed upgrade now, and it's giving me a few problems, but I'll figure it out. smile

Edited by lam (08/30/09 06:50 AM)
Edit Reason: Forgot something...

#208971 - 08/30/09 09:57 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
lam Offline

Well...

I'm still not finished with the bed upgrade, but I wanted to see how the bedroom looks in the default house. So I put it into a copy of the default map to see how it looks. If it looked great in the house, I decided, I'd go ahead and share it with everyone once the bed upgrade is complete.

I used Lyssaria's suggestion of shading certain areas of the walls to give them a more realistic look, and I added some highlighting to that little trim that I added at the bottom of the wall to give it sort of a 3-D look, and I was feeling really proud of myself.

But...

It doesn't fit properly in the room. The shading I have in the corner to make it look like an actual corner isn't aligned with the real corner of the room, but in order to align it, as it is now, I have to move it around in the room and then the floor isn't aligned with the edges of the floor in the default map, and/or the walls stick out slightly in one place and in too far in another place. cry

Too bad I accidentally didn't keep all the layers. I think I'll have to start all over again.

But that's okay, because it'll give me some more practice, right?

#208975 - 08/30/09 10:43 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
I don't think you will find one person on here that hasn't started over way more then once! You will learn to save your layers because you will get tired of breaking down your room! But you have the right attitude because every time you do it you learn something else!! You are doing a really great job! grin

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter