Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#202623 - 07/10/09 07:28 PM Re: ghosts [Re: knksmiles]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Hmm... I have both the Shockwave version and the version from LDW. Shockwave usually doesn't mess with the programming outside of adding their logo and registration bit, but I could switch back to it and see.

#202697 - 07/11/09 03:10 AM Re: ghosts [Re: knksmiles]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Loc: kansas
Originally Posted By: knksmiles
Originally Posted By: littlewindbird
Originally Posted By: Xay
Littlewindbird, did you upgrade to 1.00.05 from 1.00.00 or .01?

I never had the earlier versions, just the .05. I logged in and saw that he was passing away, so to make my family feel less depressed, i upgraded the office. he got up from the bed (his ghost was already gone, but i guess his body hadnt disappeared yet) and celebrated the house upgrade. i couldnt click on him at first, but after a few mins, he became solid, then when i switched familys and came back, his ghost was solid. Heres some more screenshots

Littlewindbird,

Did you get your game from LDW or another retailer? I purchased and upgraded from LDW and was not able to get a ghost when I tried doing the same.

I downloaded the trail version from LDW, and then purchased it from BFG after it was released there. I uninstalled the LDW version before downloading the BFG version. I lost everything and had to start over. I have found out that i can do that with each family. To answer the question about why he was extremly weak, i think it was because he was dying of old age and I brought him back to life, so it gave him a tiny bit of health. I gave him food and a few candys, and that kept him going for a few hours. His ghosts kept dying tho. Guess i should have done the same with them with the food and candy.

#202700 - 07/11/09 05:29 AM Re: ghosts [Re: littlewindbird]
knksmiles Offline
Master

Hmm... Maybe it is a quirk with BFG. I wanted a ghost.

#202779 - 07/11/09 06:29 PM Re: ghosts [Re: knksmiles]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
I do have the BFG version, perhaps I can give it a shot sometime to see if it does happen with theirs.

----
Yeah, as expected it happened to me too. smile I tried it on a test family so I wouldn't risk anything in my main one and..

Edited by Lyssaria (07/11/09 07:30 PM)
Edit Reason: result

#208371 - 08/23/09 11:43 PM Re: ghosts
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
I'm using version 05 and have just lost my mowhawk called 'Alfred' However, he dies, waved at me, walked off and into the wardrobe - or so it looked anyway, but his body didn't disappear!! Maizie grieved in the normal way bless her heart, still after a few mins of her wandering round, Alf's remains haunted her bed.

I switched the game off and restarted after a few mins, only to find TWO Alf's lying side by side on the bed. confused shocked Both of them got up, both of them waved at me and both of them disapepared into the wardrobe. Still two bodies remained.

By this time it was becoming a little spooky! I switched players this time and after a while I hesitated at switching back in case I found three of him this time! There were STILL two bodies of poor old Alf, but after a few mins they did eventually disappear.

I'm not sure what's going on here. The computer was not needing a restart,I was not running more than this game at the time and have had no other such problems before.

Anyone else had a peep that obviously loved his family so much he refused to 'go'?

#208375 - 08/24/09 12:55 AM Re: ghosts [Re: Indigo Jo]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
creepy!

That sort of thing never happened to me - only thing that did happened was I opened my game and on of the peeps had died. He waved and his body stayed there for a little while - longer than the other ones - and then vanished.

#208382 - 08/24/09 01:04 AM Re: ghosts [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Where did you purchase your game from Jo? So far I know that BigFishGames has a little ghosty situation.. haven't heard of that body issue where it refuses to leave eek

#208415 - 08/24/09 09:39 AM Re: ghosts [Re: Lyssaria]
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
Here, Lyssaria smile straight and direct from here. Both bodies did leave but not for quite a while. It was quite creepy seeing two bodies side by side just laid there, not as ghosts either just as full bodies asleep but right up close to each other.

As I said, I've never had this problem before, have no problems with memory issues on the pc and nothing else either on the internet or other games I had played that day had either stuck or run slow.

It may well have just been one of those flukey things that happens now and again. I'll let you know if I have any further issues like this on any other pc and laptops we have. ( All virtual families games, on all pc's and laptop's were bought and downloaded from this site wink smile )I do use Bigfish games for things like Mahjong etc., but that's it really.

#208434 - 08/24/09 06:23 PM Re: ghosts [Re: Indigo Jo]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
That's something that we do know about, and happens occasionally in the LDW version, usually when, at the time of death, something is purchased that causes the peeps to celebrate.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#210578 - 09/20/09 05:57 AM GHOSTS?
Cheron Offline
Expert

Loc: Who are these kids, and why ar...
I'm not sure if these are ghosts or not?
She's 66 and he's 68. They were eating dinner when they both disappeared. I found them going to bed to die (sad), but there were now two of each of them! Twins. All four of them waved goodbye and then I got four separate popup death messages, two messages for each of them!

Attachments
ghosts.jpg

ghosts2.jpg

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter