Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 144 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20829 - 04/27/06 01:43 AM Re: Help with forum?
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
Quote:

you have alot of the same birds as we have here in cincinnati. i dont think ive seen a warbler. i love woodpeckers, wrens, cardinals, finches, titmice, chickadees and of course hummingbirds. those bluejays sure are noisy!

im not so fond of the European Starlings that will empty our feeders in a matter of hours..we've also lost several suet feeders from the squirrels carting them off somewhere

dont they realize we aren't offering take out!!

LOL... I haven't seen any squirrels stealing suet but we do have some tree squirrels round here. It's usually the scrub jays that eat suet, and sometimes the house finches too.

Dad hates the mockingbirds 'cause they stand on our roof in the spring and summer and yak all night. I'm deaf so it doesn't bother me, lol.

I've been lucky in regards to the starlings. we have 'em in the city but apparently, they're way too blind to find the feeders. LOL.

Hummingbirds... you're lucky. I've only ever seen one here.

#20830 - 04/27/06 02:01 AM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

we've actually seen them draggin off the suet feeders into the wooded area behind our house. i call them tree rats!!

i make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the birds too (i put some sunflower seeds in the middle) then put them in our suet feeders when we are out of suet..the birds really love it! they love apples too, we have an apple feeder as well.

as far as the hummingbirds, if you've seen one, im sure there are more. do you put a feeder out for them??

#20831 - 04/27/06 12:58 PM Re: Help with forum?
poprocksssss Offline
Trainee

Loc: Georgia
lmao youre not the only one

#20832 - 04/27/06 04:09 PM Re: Help with forum?
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central CT
Large birds are expensive. I don't even want to get into what I paid for my African Grey MIlo (comes home next week)
He/She is acctually in Georgia too, Poprocksssss! maybe you have heard of the bird ladies store? I think it's called critters closet? BTW, while I was looking for a grey I noticed alot of aviaries are reducing thier stock. You may be able to get a full grown Hyacinth for less $$$ than you were expecting.

#20833 - 04/27/06 11:28 PM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

man, you guys really got me wanting a bird so badly. i may have to uh ruffle the old mans feathers to get one

#20834 - 04/29/06 02:57 AM Re: Help with forum?
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central CT
Just make sure you research the type of bird you want really well!! Trust me I've had many birds and I got most of them from ppl who couldn't handle there mis-matched pets.

Once you find the right bird you will be happy as a clam!!

#20835 - 04/30/06 07:03 AM Re: Help with forum?
poprocksssss Offline
Trainee

Loc: Georgia
awww i used to have african greys as well, my fave one was Simba.. my son taught her how to say BOMBS AWAY.. then you get a whistle that drifted as if the bomb were falling.. THEN KABOOM, shed make an exploding sound..and if she were feeling inna really fiesty mood, shed explode the bomb before she dropped it lol..

I sure do miss my birds, someday though Ill be back .. u wait and see
Sorry if my posts arent consistent.. I have an boyfriend who is hard to please...either hes on here or griping that i am lol

#20836 - 04/30/06 05:40 PM Re: Help with forum?
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Tree rats!!! LOL!!!

Our tree squirrels just scamper across telephone wires and make off with our neighbor's watermelon seeds.

Yeah, I've been thinking about making some bagel feeders. Don't know how we'd get them into the tree though... we have a hard enough time trying to rope the branches for the regular feeders...

As for the hummingbird feeder, I thought about it but there isn't any place to put one up and a pole one isn't a option right now. Maybe when we move to our new house, we'll have a porch or something to hang a feeder off of.

#20837 - 05/01/06 01:23 AM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

Quote:

Tree rats!!! LOL!!!

Our tree squirrels just scamper across telephone wires and make off with our neighbor's watermelon seeds.

Yeah, I've been thinking about making some bagel feeders. Don't know how we'd get them into the tree though... we have a hard enough time trying to rope the branches for the regular feeders...

As for the hummingbird feeder, I thought about it but there isn't any place to put one up and a pole one isn't a option right now. Maybe when we move to our new house, we'll have a porch or something to hang a feeder off of.

our dogs have lots of fun chasing the squirrels...my dalmation would dive thru a plate glass window to get to one!!

just to let ya know, there are hummingbird feeders that attach to your windows with suction cups...makes watching them very easy!!

http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/window_hummingbird_feeders.asp

http://www.hummingbirds.net

i love the glass blown ones, but they are hard to clean

i have a feeder like this. its quite small and can be put in flowering baskets. i think it only holds about 2 ounces.. i put a hole in a baseball cap with an awl, used the twist tie from bread, and hung the feeder from the bill of the hat! its amazing how they come right up to you to get a sip! ( they are sold at wal-mart)

#20838 - 05/01/06 06:00 PM Re: Help with forum?
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Yes, I know about the window feeders. We can't use them here on account of the good windows are covered with screens. :\ It keeps the bugs out, so that's a good thing...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter