Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20819 - 04/26/06 07:13 PM Re: Help with forum?
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
Quote:

Thanks!

I dont know how old he is, I bought him at walmart *blah* The town I live in (moved here a year ago) has no pet store.. only walmart... most of the ppl that work in the pet dept there dont even know what a plecostomus is... ya gotta tell em a sucker fish then they know lol

That sucks majorly! I don't buy fish from WalMart. We have one here but I don't buy from 'em. Actually, I only buy, ah, cat treats and birdseed for wild birds from them. I get real cat food from the local Discount Pets store, (tho I don't buy fish from them either!) and I get my fish and fish supplies from Somethin' Fishy, which is a small fish store, and also from online suppliers (supplies, not fish. lol).

#20820 - 04/26/06 07:24 PM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

wal-mart is also where i shop for bird-feeding supplies. birdwatching is my most favorite hobby. i sit out back with my binoculars and hand held hummingbird feeder all the time in the summer. i truly love birds! im wanna get one as a pet, but my old man says no way! he dont want bird ca-ca everywhere!

he's so mean!

#20821 - 04/26/06 07:33 PM Re: Help with forum?
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
Quote:

wal-mart is also where i shop for bird-feeding supplies. birdwatching is my most favorite hobby. i sit out back with my binoculars and hand held hummingbird feeder all the time in the summer. i truly love birds! im wanna get one as a pet, but my old man says no way! he dont want bird ca-ca everywhere!

he's so mean!

LOL. I have, ah, a pole-feeder filled with black oil sunflower seeds in the front yard (my room overlooks the front yard), a tube feeder with black oil sunflower seeds, a sock feeder with nyjer seed, and a suet feeder with suet-cake in the citrus tree. And yes, I buy the sunflower seeds by the 25-pound bags. lol. In wintertime, house finches, purple finches, and scrub-jays will drain the pole feeder and the tube feeder in two or three days flat. I also see American Goldfinches, Lesser Goldfinches, White-Crowned Sparrows, and Northern Mockingbirds. I've also seen Yellow-Rumped Warblers. Oh, and I was extremely lucky to have a Northern Flicker hybrid visit me last fall.

#20822 - 04/26/06 08:08 PM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

Quote:

Quote:

he's so mean!

LOL. I have, ah, a pole-feeder filled with black oil sunflower seeds in the front yard (my room overlooks the front yard), a tube feeder with black oil sunflower seeds, a sock feeder with nyjer seed, and a suet feeder with suet-cake in the citrus tree. And yes, I buy the sunflower seeds by the 25-pound bags. lol. In wintertime, house finches, purple finches, and scrub-jays will drain the pole feeder and the tube feeder in two or three days flat. I also see American Goldfinches, Lesser Goldfinches, White-Crowned Sparrows, and Northern Mockingbirds. I've also seen Yellow-Rumped Warblers. Oh, and I was extremely lucky to have a Northern Flicker hybrid visit me last fall.

you have alot of the same birds as we have here in cincinnati. i dont think ive seen a warbler. i love woodpeckers, wrens, cardinals, finches, titmice, chickadees and of course hummingbirds. those bluejays sure are noisy!

im not so fond of the European Starlings that will empty our feeders in a matter of hours..we've also lost several suet feeders from the squirrels carting them off somewhere

dont they realize we aren't offering take out!!

#20823 - 04/26/06 08:09 PM Re: Help with forum?
poprocksssss Offline
Trainee

Loc: Georgia
Quote:

he's so mean!

I raised my own birds for my pet store... I dont have any now due to divorce, but in the past ive had as many as 331 birds in my home at one time.. It was great!!! I WILL get another one someday.. My dream is to have a hyacinth macaw.. when I can afford the 7,000.00 for a baby. here is a pic.

#20824 - 04/26/06 08:13 PM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

OMG!! that bird is beautiful!!

7 grand huh, i guess i better start saving up

#20825 - 04/26/06 08:14 PM Re: Help with forum?
poprocksssss Offline
Trainee

Yes yes... a pretty penny for a beautiful bird! the 7,000 is for a baby outta the nest, Ill have to handfeed it myself.. If ya want one that is already weaned, we're talking 10 grand!

#20826 - 04/26/06 08:22 PM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

OUCH!! that hurts my pocketbook just thinking about it, but i would surely love to have a bird like that

#20827 - 04/26/06 08:23 PM Re: Help with forum?
poprocksssss Offline
Trainee

I hear ya.. a friend of mine inherited one! He raises other kinds of macaws, but he hadda rich friend in florida that was in bad health and the guy just sent his birds all over the country and my friend got his hyacinth.. LUCKY DAWG!

#20828 - 04/26/06 08:31 PM Re: Help with forum?
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

very lucky, i would kill (my husband) to have a bird like that,

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter