This laundry room is designed to coordinate with my other tropical themed rooms.

Behr Premium paint and Armstrong linoleum flooring give the room durability while maintaining style. Functionality is enhanced with organization of cleaning products in a new "broom" closet. Pineapple patterns, prints and colors lend a clean yet fun atmosphere.

Pineapple Paradise includes:
Behr Premium wall paint in "Mystical Sea"
"Deep Sea" Wallpaper Border
Armstrong linoleum flooring in Sea Green
New Broom Closet - hanging mops and brooms, rubber gloves, step ladder, extra laundry basket and cleaning items on organizational shelving
"Pineapples & Palms" Room-Sized Rug
Pineapple Print with Green Mat and Golden Yellow Frame
Pineapple Yellow Curtains and Valences with White Eyelet Trim
Wicker Laundry Hampers with Fabric Trim
Stainless GE Profile Washer with Smart Dispense Technology and Stain Inspector
Stainless GE Profile Dryer with Steam Refresh
Washing Products (detergent, bleach, stain remover)
Drying Products (fabric refresher, static releaser, dryer sheets)
Rolling Cleaning Cart with Yellow Bucket (plunger) and new Furniture Polish and Cloth
Yellow Glass Vase with Palm Leaf and Long Stemmed Tropical Flower
Palm Tree
Spray Starch
White-Washed Work Table / Ironing Surface with Indoor Clothesline

ADDITIONAL OPTION: Outdoor Clothesline to catch the tropical breeze!

BONUS: New "carrying.png" file converts feather duster to can of furniture polish and dusting cloth. (Does anyone really use an old feather duster to push dust around any more!?) The furniture dusting mod is the only change on this png file. If you are currently using other mods on this file, ask the mod-maker for a combo. wink

I have tested this room with all actions (doing laundry, dealing with all the socks, etc.) except "scared of the lightening." It seems no matter how many bottles of tropical rain I buy, I can't get anyone to hide in that closet! So, if you happen to have this happen while this mod is installed, please grab a screenie for me or at least let me know if it lines up correctly. I don't expect it to be perfect (the original animation is not perfect,) but do expect it to be in the correct location. smile

Anyone is welcome to use my mods to combine rooms or item files with the work of other mod-makers. I am also happy to do combos when I am here and have time. smile However, if you edit my mods or "borrow" objects from them, please give appropriate credit.

I have included Pineapple Paradise Laundry Room on original maps and in combination with my other tropical themed rooms, including all Tropical Escape flooring options. It has been split into two files to meet file size limits. You will need BOTH files to have all the maps to complete any version of the room.

As always, follow the instructions in this post to backup your original files and install the new mods.

Delete the identifying portion of the file names when placing them in the game's images folder. For this room, you will need four map files in total (MapX0Y1, MapX0Y2, NapX1Y1, and MapX1Y2.) Choose the ones you use according to the room combination you want.

*Note* The "carrying" file in the folder Pineapple Paradise Laundry Room 2 must be replaced with the individually attached zip file "carrying" found at the very bottom of this post in order to work in your game.
-MissKathy

Attachments
Pineapple Paradise Laundry Room 1 of 2.zip (345 downloads)
Pineapple Paradise Laundry Room 2 of 2.zip (371 downloads)
laundryRoom.jpg

Description: Screenshot of laundry room with and without outdoors clothesline

2.jpg

Description: Screenshot of Dakota using a new bottle of furniture polish for dusting :) (also shows additional modded rooms also included)

carrying.zip (72 downloads)
Description: carrying file in a usable format (has the furniture polish).

Edited by MissKathy (01/15/12 04:02 AM)
Edit Reason: Attached screenshots, zip file, note and fixed link.