Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#20591 - 04/21/06 01:42 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

not full?? really? it looks quite full. i suppose looking at it straight on gives it that impression. but what do you do when they do get full? i suppose sell them back to the fish store?

is that an anemone that 'nemo' would live in at the bottom middle? i can see him poking out of it

corals poop?? LOL

this is really fascinating to me..sorry about all the questions, i love coral. its so beautiful and you seem to be doing an excellent job at raising it.

#20592 - 04/21/06 01:44 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

oh, how much do you buy/sell the coral for??

#20593 - 04/21/06 02:35 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
whatevva Offline
Trainee

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

is that an anemone that 'nemo' would live in at the bottom middle? i can see him poking out of it

That is a long tenticaled torch coral. It's HIGHLY aggressive and has come close to killing two of my other corals that I had placed too close. If it senses another coral it will send out long tenticles and sting whatever it can touch. The Percula Clowns (Nemo Fish) are immuned to the stinging poisons.

#20594 - 04/21/06 02:44 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
whatevva Offline
Trainee

Quote:

corals poop?? LOL

Yes, a lot of corals like to eat meaty foods, and anything that eats has waste.

Quote:

oh, how much do you buy/sell the coral for??

The price of a coral can run anywhere from $20 for a frag, to $120 (the most I've paid). I've seen zoanthids on EBAY go for $250 which I think is rediculous! There are some very rare corals that can cost more, and should due to their rarity. Selling frags back to an LFS is for store credit and is usually for $20 or so, each. Again , it depends on what it is. If I brought in SPS's that were growing well, I might get $40-$50 for each one.

The most fun is at Reef Club Meetings, because we trade stuff, and things are usually given away or sold for a couple bucks.

#20595 - 04/21/06 04:20 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

Quote:

Quote:

That is a long tenticaled torch coral. It's HIGHLY aggressive and has come close to killing two of my other corals that I had placed too close. If it senses another coral it will send out long tenticles and sting whatever it can touch. The Percula Clowns (Nemo Fish) are immuned to the stinging poisons.

i knew that the clowns were immune to them, but i didnt know that they were aggresive. they seem too delicate to be like that.

what do you feed the corals?

you certainly have an interesting (and no doubt rewarding) hobby. wish i had the talent and money to do something like that. hats off to you!!

if you ever take more pictures at different angles, i would surely like to see them

Edited by FishMonger68 (04/21/06 04:27 PM)

#20596 - 04/21/06 09:35 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
whatevva Offline
Trainee

Quote:

what do you feed the corals?

you certainly have an interesting (and no doubt rewarding) hobby. wish i had the talent and money to do something like that. hats off to you!!

if you ever take more pictures at different angles, i would surely like to see them

Coals all eat different things. The LPS eat Mysis shrimp or "Blender Mush"(mixture of all kinds of seafood) The filter feeders get PhytoPlankton and MicroVert.

Thank you very much for your comments! I'm still a beginner!

I have HUNDREDS of pictures! What would you like to see? Here's my new Hammer..

#20597 - 04/21/06 11:16 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
FishMonger68 Offline
Expert

thank you so very much for sharing your hobby with us. it really is quite remarkable.

being curious about your hobby, i would like to see all your pictures, but perhaps some side views and more close-ups if you have them, and the time to spare posting them for us! if you don't mind of course.

#20598 - 04/22/06 06:15 AM Re: Just Saying Hello..
whatevva Offline
Trainee

Here's a shot of one of my clams...

and a macro of the same guy...

#20599 - 04/22/06 06:27 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
poprocksssss Offline
Trainee

Loc: Georgia
WOW~! Just outta curiosity, how much money you got tied up in that thing?? *gets ready for the shocker*!!

I used to own a pet store, but I didnt know enough about salt water fish to have any.. and am veryyyy interested in learning!

#20600 - 04/22/06 07:19 PM Re: Just Saying Hello..
whatevva Offline
Trainee

Quote:

WOW~! Just outta curiosity, how much money you got tied up in that thing?? *gets ready for the shocker*!!

I used to own a pet store, but I didnt know enough about salt water fish to have any.. and am veryyyy interested in learning!

Ok, I'll tell you, but I first have to say that I got hooked up with a VERY greedy Aquarium Store. I've spent close to $13,000 but I believe I could have saved $2K-$3K by shopping around better, and knowing then what I know now!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter