Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#204207 - 07/19/09 10:48 AM Game restarted, when I restarted my iphone.. help?!
Joli Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
When I first bought VF everything was working fine and then I got up to my second generation and one day I had to restart my phone and my family had disappeared and I was at the beginning again with a different person.

Does anyone know what happened? Was it just a glitch?

I hope it doesn't happen again, since I'm really loving this new family I started. I have all boys and I don't want it to mess up.

Thanks in advance! smile

#204286 - 07/19/09 10:35 PM Re: Game restarted, when I restarted my iphone.. help?! [Re: Joli]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Only a serious crash would wipe out the savegame files, which would cause your game to start over. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can recommend at this time.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#204371 - 07/20/09 07:20 AM Re: Game restarted, when I restarted my iphone.. help?! [Re: Xay]
Joli Offline

Oh okay, thanks again! smile

#204916 - 07/24/09 12:06 AM Re: Game restarted, when I restarted my iphone.. help?! [Re: Joli]
Little Offline

Loc: NJ
I was also having alot of crashes when I first started with VF on my IPOD touch. I have seemed to eliminate the problem for now, I am on my 5th generation family and just had my first set of triplets, yeah!! The one thing I do is always return to the VF menu before hitting the IPOD touch buttom to end the game. If I hit the IPOD touch button without being at the VF menu, the game will freeze/crash the next time I use it. Also if it does freeze or crash, I power down the IPOD and then bring it back up, this seems to be working for me. I do have installed the new Iphone 3.0 software on the touch so I think this procedure would work for you too. Hope this helps.

#204951 - 07/24/09 11:12 AM Re: Game restarted, when I restarted my iphone.. help?! [Re: Little]
Joli Offline

Thanks Little!
I never go back to the VF menu screen, I should do that more often!

I love my first generation family too much that I don't want to start over again if I do get another serious crash!

Congrats on the triplets! smile I'm on my second generation and I just realized that the son that inherited the house, has makeup as one of his likes! :P

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter