I have worked on different projects for the kids' room since I started learning to mod. I kept coming up with things that looked either too childish for the teens or too mature for the lil ones. Finally I hit on a pattern and colors that seemed to work as unisex and for any age. I never did manage to get the furniture changes I wanted to look right, so this is a recolor of the old furniture to a lighter tone so it would coordinate.

Cheerful Children's Room contains -
All new bedding in cheerful, unisex colors and fun prints appropriate for any age
New coordinating wall lights in a modern style
Recolored furniture
Deep plush blue carpet
Coordinating patterned rug
Lots of throw pillows for pillow fights
Cheerful striped wallpaper

I plan to add a few details later (wall decorations, stuffed animals on the beds, etc.) but will be busy this weekend and may not get to it until some time next week.

See the readme file for instructions on choosing the set of maps you need, according to which room mods you already have installed. This pack contains files to work with all my mods in any combo and also contains the children's room alone on the default map. It is broken into 4 sections because of file size limits.

Pack 1 contains -
Alone on default map
with Taupe Living Room

Pack 2 contains -
with Deep Red Master Bedroom and Taupe Living Room
with Deep Red Master Bedroom and Gray Office

Pack 3 contains
with Taupe Living Room
with Deep Red Master Bedroom

Pack 4 contains -
with Deep Red Master Bedroom, Taupe Living Room and Gray Office
with Gray Office

It was very confusing doing all these maps (especially for a blonde!) so if I messed up on a set, just pm me and I'll send you the one you need. smile

Attachments
Cheerful Childrens Room 1.zip (204 downloads)
Description: See readme file

Cheerful Childrens Room 2.zip (128 downloads)
Description: See the readme file

Cheerful Childrens Room 3.zip (124 downloads)
Description: See readme file

Cheerful Childrens Room 4.zip (163 downloads)
Description: See the readme file

CheerfulChildrensRoom.jpg

Description: Screenshot

Edited by MissKathy (01/04/12 04:52 AM)
Edit Reason: Attached screenshot