After Arnie's post, I just had to try this. I'm from Louisiana, USA and not very familiar with British foods, so I apologize in advance for things that do not go together and hope that it just adds to the humor factor. :P

Time for a trip to London.... *giggles*

British Meal Pack Includes:

British Breakfast - Fried Eggs and Bacon, Toast with Marmalade, Black Pudding, Porridge with Butter
"American" Translation - A traditional British Breakfast is usually pretty big compared to ours, though I'm told most don't eat such a large one regularly.
Fried Eggs and Bacon (same)
Toast with Marmalade (marmalade is similar to jelly and comes in different fruit flavors)
Black Pudding (in Cajun country it would be called "boudin noir" or black boudin, it's a black sausage that includes blood in the mix)
Porridge (the stuff from the fairy tale, similar to oatmeal)

Pie n Mash - Plum Pudding, Pie n Mash with Parsley Liquor, Brussel Sprouts, Bubble & Squeak Cakes
"American" Translation - Plum Pudding (a traditional holiday food, similar to a fruit cake, but with no plums included)
Pie N Mash (minced meat pie served with creamy mashed potatoes and smothered in parsley sauce, sauce usually optional)
Brussel Sprouts (same)
Bubble & Squeak Cakes - (made from mashing leftover vegetables together and frying them in patties)

Joint of Beef - Joint of Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puddings, English Peas with Carrots, Spotted Dick with Custard
"American" Translation - Joint of Roast Beef - (Roast lol, usually served smothered in a'jus gravy)
Yorkshire Puddings - (a type of bread, made from pancake batter poured into hot oil and baked until light and fluffy)
English Peas with Carrots (same, though I don't think they call them "English" :P)
Spotted Dick with Custard - (similar to bread pudding with more of a spice cake flavor and filled with raisins (currants) topped with rum sauce or vanilla custard)

There are some things I know most Brits don't really eat, if they eat any of it at all (ie. porridge) and some I know most likely are holiday foods (plum pudding.) Some I just couldn't resist throwing in simply because of their names (Brussel Sprouts & English Peas.) None of this is by any means intended to offend anyone and was just done for a bit of fun. laugh Enjoy!

As before, each meal is available on your choice of two china patterns. (Patterns are pictured in this post.)

As always, follow the instructions in this post to backup your original files and install the new mods.

Choose the meal (and china pattern) you want your families to enjoy today and rename it meal.png when placing it in your game's images folder.

Edit: I've been asked to add "translations" to the descriptions. The items I have included are "traditional" British foods. I will do the best I can, based on what I've been told by my Brit friends (who got a big kick out of this, btw,) but I can't promise accuracy. Arnie can most likely do a much better job of explaining what these foods are supposed to be. lol

Attachments
British Meals.zip (149 downloads)
Description: Choose the meal you want your families to enjoy and rename it meal.png when placing it in the images folder.

BritishBreakfast.jpg

Description: British Breakfast - Fried Eggs and Bacon, Toast with Marmalade, Black Pudding, Porridge with Butter

BritishMeal2.jpg

Description: Pie n Mash - Plum Pudding, Pie n Mash with Parsley Liquor, Brussel Sprouts, Bubble & Squeak Cakes

BritishMeal.jpg

Description: Joint of Beef - Joint of Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puddings, English Peas with Carrots, Spotted Dick with Custard

Edited by MissKathy (01/03/12 08:21 AM)
Edit Reason: Attached screenshots & fixed links