Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#202050 - 07/07/09 08:10 PM 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy?
~Amber Offline

Hi everyone!

I just started VF for the iPhone and right now I'm on the second generation. Yesterday I went to the store and I noticed that there was a Scolding Hand for sale for $0 so I went ahead and purchased it, to see what would happen. After that I think the game became glitched and I got unlimited Mint/Salt candies and now I have two scolding hands. The store isn't refreshing either.

Is there a solution for this? Thanks in advance smile

#202083 - 07/07/09 10:55 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: ~Amber]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The store is not supposed to stock the gloves. We have not seen that in our testing, and this is the first report we've seen of such a thing happening. It's not really possible to predict how the game will behave at this point. We'll look into this to see if we can determine how it happened, but we don't have anything that would help you resolve it right now, either. blush

#202087 - 07/07/09 11:05 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: LadyCFII]
~Amber Offline

Here's the picture:

What would you recommend to do at this point? The only thing not working right now is the shop refreshing, everything else is working fine.

Edited by ~Amber (07/07/09 11:07 PM)

#202091 - 07/07/09 11:11 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: ~Amber]
Unicorn

Yeah, that's totally wrong. eek

The only things I can suggest are either waiting it out to see if things will start working again, or starting over before you invest any more time in this game. (And don't buy any gloves you might see in the store.) blush

#202107 - 07/08/09 01:42 AM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: LadyCFII]
~Amber Offline

Thank you for all your help, I decided to start over smile

#210789 - 09/26/09 03:13 AM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: ~Amber]
JASC Offline

Loc: Historical District
I have this same problem with the store not restocking. There was a red glove in the store, my finger slipped, and it was in my tray!!! Have you found any solutions yet?

Thanks!

#210816 - 09/26/09 07:21 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: JASC]
Unicorn

As I mentioned earlier, this phenomenon is a mystery. We have never seen this on any of our devices, nor did it happen to any of our testers. We haven't discovered yet what causes it, either. Do you happen to know if anything particularly unusual happened before the red glove appeared in the store?

#210817 - 09/26/09 07:36 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: LadyCFII]
JASC Offline

Loc: Historical District
I don't remember anything unusual. Do you have a time frame for the update? I'm hoping something might happen/change when I start a new generation.

#210824 - 09/26/09 09:03 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: JASC]
Unicorn

We don't have a time-frame for the update, unfortunately. We are working on a number of technical issues that must be resolved before we can release an update.

#221987 - 05/17/10 04:51 PM Re: 2 Scolding Hands and Unlimited Mint Candy/Salt Candy? [Re: LadyCFII]
Strawberri Offline

I had this happen in my game, except that I ended up with two praising gloves.

What happened was this: somehow or the other, when trying to praise one of my peeps for something, I clicked in the wrong spot. I got a message saying I couldn't click there (or something to that effect) and the next thing I knew, I didn't have a praising glove!

I panicked and exited out of the game. When I came back in, I had the praising glove back, but there was one in the store. I didn't want the one in the store taking up valuable store space, so I bought it figuring I got rid of the glove once, I could do it again. But this time, I can't seem to lose the glove.

I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter