Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#201689 - 07/05/09 06:59 AM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: BayouBlonde]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
OMG!

I was out for a couple of days and almost died in happiness when I saw all the new mods!!!! *clapping*

I didn't know what to get first!

And now I'm all confused on what to use first! *laughs*

Lyssaria, Lewanda and BB - I LOVED ALL THE MODS!!!!

I'm trying to find the time to do some - got busy here all of a sudden and I just came back now to my experiments. Good thing is that I finnaly got Photoshop, so things are really easier now (I was working with an old version of PhotoImpression at first).

Pleeeease, cross fingers for me! I really hope to get at least closer to those wonderful things you guys do! But still lots to learn here.:) (I still couldn't get how to do the rugs *laughs*)

Thanks again for the great mods!!!!!

#201695 - 07/05/09 07:18 AM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Thank you Sweetheart!

The biggest thing to learn about doing mods for VF is to keep the perspective right. Everything needs to look as though you're looking down on it. If it doesn't your mod won't look right.

#201721 - 07/05/09 06:15 PM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: Lewanda]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Thanks Moonlyght! It's good to see you again smile Perspective ends up using most of my time on my mods and if I notice something not lining up 100% it'll bug me for the rest of the time I have the mod installed >_<

I wish it were as easy as just rotating the rugs so they're diagonal, but since we're looking at the rug on an angle, it's not a perfect diagonal and we have to skew it a bit. Best of luck with your mods Moonlyght!

#201803 - 07/06/09 02:08 AM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: Lyssaria]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
The perspective tool in Gimp is one of my good friends when modding. Sometimes takes a while to look just right, but it sure is easy to use. laugh

#201805 - 07/06/09 02:20 AM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: Krystal]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Getting the perspective right is what takes the longest with most of my mods. I'm like Lyssaria, if the perspective is off the least bit it bugs me to death.

#201816 - 07/06/09 04:14 AM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: Lewanda]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Same thing here. smile

My problem is joining stuff (like 2 parts of the rugs - each one in one different map).

Photoshop helps a lot with perspective: you can work with a vanishing point that applies the image the way you like it to be. smile

#201877 - 07/06/09 08:49 PM BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

I find humor helps a little when perspective gives you trouble..I pretend the children were banging the furniture as opposed to the dishes and it's up to me to fix it. wink

When I make things that are found in separate files, I open one huge window and put all of the map pieces I need together and make it whole, that way I don't have to guess on separate maps! I actually make my bedroom separate haha

#201883 - 07/06/09 09:01 PM Re: BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Photoshop's vanishing point is a great tool MoonLyght, though it only works for some things. I use the transform tool to get the perspective right. I also do a lot of painting in my mods. It's easier for me than fighting the transform tool. smile

#201896 - 07/06/09 10:05 PM Re: BB / Re: Kitchen/Re: Lyssaria, Your Pool [Re: Lewanda]
manatobia Offline

can someone please explain to me what mods are?

#201897 - 07/06/09 10:09 PM Game Mods [Re: manatobia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Mods are game modifications. Basically, some artists redo pieces of the game and post them in the game mod section of this forum for everyone to enjoy! For example, if you don't like the pool that comes with the game, there's more options in that section like my in-ground pool and Lewanda's patio!

To learn how to install them, check here

To see the game mods section click here

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter