Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 164 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#200441 - 06/26/09 07:47 PM Conrad, Son of the Chief
talieann Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois, U.S.A.
My brother wanted to try posting a story. Hope you like it!
Chapter 1
Welcome to the island of Isola. My name is Conrad. I'm seven years old. I am the second child, and the first son, of Cheif Adam and Emma.
My father isn't only the Cheif of Isola, he is also the head builder. My mother is one of the experienced farmers in the fields. My older sister is fourteen and is following in our mother's footsteps as a farmer. I think my parents want me to be a builder, but I would much rather be a scientist.
My best friends on the island are Vivianna, Mitch and Lana. Vivianna and Lana are both the daughters of Kayla and Samuel. Vivianna is ten and Lana is three. Mitch is the son of Connor and Annie (who are both scientists). He is only four years old.
The builders just finished the dam a year ago. The food from the First Harvest, as we called it, tasted so good after having rationed food for around four years. But still, we are all looking kinda skinny.
Everyone is really worried about Annie, our lead scientist. She nearly died when we were on rations. She was still taking care of Mitch when the construction began, and she is only now beginning to recover. You can still count her ribs; it's kind of scary. Her husband Connor is taking it really hard.
I gotta go; Mother is calling me. We'll talk later.

Kayla, Vivianna and Lana's mother, taught us a lesson. She took out some the collections and taught us about how the scientist use them to figure out stuff, like how to build a dam like the caterpillar builds his crysallis to change into a butterfly. I thought it was really cool. I want to be able to figure out stuff like that when I grow up.
After the lesson was over, Kayla went back to farming and we all thanked her. Well, all of us except for Mitch. He left in the middle of class to go watch the repair job on the lovely hut.
We played tag after Mitch came back to the village center. He was "it" first and we all ran away really fast; but he got Lana. I think I was the fastest. Vivianna says she agrees with me.
I went to look at the vines by the water fall. When I was little, Dad told me that he fell down that waterfall. He said that there was more to the island of Isola then where we live. He said he used to live on the other side of the waterfall. He called it "South Isola". I don't know whether he was telling the truth or if it was fake believe. I'll have to ask him sometime.

Chapter 2
Today was my eighth birthday! It was pretty awesome. Everybody was there: Dad, Mom, Samuel, Kayla, Annie, Connor, Pamila, Bonnie, Vivianna, Mitch and Lana. Everybody on the island.
We all had a really good meal. I'm not sure if some of the older villagers enjoyed it as much as I did. By the way, I'm a vegetarian.
After the party everyone went back to their normal routine. I just hung around all day and was lazy. My dad came over and gave me a little speech about how his "little boy was growing up so fast" and how he "knew one day his boy was going to be an even better chief than he was."I didn't think that I would ever be as good as my Dad at being a cheif, but he definitely made me feel good about myself.

I overheard my mother and sister talking about Annie and Kayla both being pregnant. I hadn't really noticed it before, but Annie had been getting bigger. I thought that was probably a sign that she was getting better after the famine.
A while later, Annie had her baby. I'm not sure wether it's a boy or a girl yet, but neither does anyone else in the village besides the mother and father. It's the village custom to not tell anyone the name or gender of the baby till it is old enough to take care of itself and play with the other children. I know it sounds strange, but it's been like that since before I was born.
Oh, hang on. What was that, Bonnie? Amazing, I just heard that Kayla had her child. I can't believe it. Tribe life is finally getting back to normal.
Vivianna and Lana are both proud of their newest little sibling. I can definitely say I'm jealous of them. I'm the youngest sibling in my family and my parents said that I would always be their youngest. I am a little disappointed, but there is nothing you can do about it, right?

Chapter 3
Today, the crops were ready for the the harvest. Samuel, our lead farmer, set to work immediately gathering the vegetables. He said that it was going to be the biggest harvest for many seasons. He also said that as the next Cheiftan I should eat as much as I could hold. I told him that I would eat his share if I had to. He laughed at that.
I watched my father and his team building the lovely hut. He said he loved getting to work with his hands all day long. He even let me try it for a bit! How about that?
Then, a little later I got to help out Connor at the scientist table. I found a butterfly fluttering around just north of the science hut. I caught it and brought it to him. He said he would let me study it with him. He taught me a whole bunch. He even told me that someday I would make an excellent scientist!

Pamila found a cauldron today. It's this big hollow black thing that you put over the fire. apparently, you put water and food and herbs and stuff in it to make something called a stew. Dad says they're really tasty so I can't watit to try one.
Once the grown-ups went back to working, we kids stuck around to mess with the new cauldron. We just wanted to play with it a bit. But then Annie came over and started scolding us about, "Look at the terrible things you are teaching this infant; messing with the cauldron, playing near the fire...". It went on for a while. Mitch's cheeks turned red with emarassment.
I'm almost nine now. Only a few more years till I could actually work at the science table for real. Annie's scolding scared me, but with life moving along like water over a rock, all you can do is go with the flow.

#200703 - 06/28/09 08:34 PM Re: Conrad, Son of the Chief [Re: talieann]
talieann Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois, U.S.A.
Here is the comment thread for this story: Conrad, Son of the Chief - Comments

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter