Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#199947 - 06/23/09 07:30 AM Skylar154/Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Lewanda]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
I never tried the glove thing on the couples (neither the green, nor the red one). Think I'm going to do it on my next generation.

About baby boost, the only time I applied it prior to the honeymoon was a complete disaster. I don't know if that was a coincidence, but they had very serious problems in having babies. They didn't argue so much, but they kissed and nothing.

My luck was that they adopted 2 kids, then I could go to 6 kids at the end.

The only times I had twins were when I had them try making a baby once. If they had a baby, good - if don't, I'd get the doctor's appointment and see the one who needed baby boost.

As I'm still waiting for my triplets to come, that's a concern, I mean, I have to make them have babies (by the thousands! *laughs*)

About the compatibility thing, I must confess I rarely take a look to see if the match - I see the peep face, likes and dislikes and see if I think they would be a nice couple. I think I'm really sentimental regarding my peeps sentimental life. smile

I had only elated couples so far. smile

#199954 - 06/23/09 07:52 AM Re: Skylar154/Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: *Moonlyght*]
fluffysue Offline
Adviser

I used to use the red glove on previous couples when they argued about having a baby, but then I realized it seemed to be just as effective to just drag them apart and put them together again. I can always get them to try, eventually...these two just never have babies. Oh well, they will be too old by morning. At least they have their adopted one. I just thought it was interesting that they wouldn't have babies even though they should've been able too. I still blame Zest. grin

I have to admit I don't always check out their compatibility either. Sometimes I try to match them up by careers to get one of the trophies I'm still missing, but end up just picking a cute one. LOL

#199995 - 06/23/09 07:45 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Skylar154]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Skylar154
If you have reached 5 kids and only 1 definatly or "maybe" wants kids, their is a 50-50 chance they have 1 more until they die.

Hi Skylar. Where did you get that statistic? I've been compiling stats on this as well and would like to compare / compile the data, if you don't mind. smile

I never praise or punish for actions that they can't initiate for themselves, mostly because I never really noticed that it did anything other than affect their happiness a bit. It would certainly be interesting if someone would study that one, though I don't know how you'd go about showing if it worked other than to load the same family in a different slot and praise / punish one, but not the other. Still, I think there are probably too many other random things that might interfere (illness, adoption, etc.) Interesting though.

#200012 - 06/23/09 08:52 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: BayouBlonde]
knksmiles Offline
Master

I am now running 5 families, from first to ninth generation. Each generation of each family has had 6 children. To date I have only had 2 sets of triplets, 4 sets of twins, and 5 adopted children.

The only attention I have given preferences for children is in the timing of the next attempt, allowing the 2 "No Ways" 30-45 minutes post nursing before attempting, and 2 "Definitelys" 10-15 minutes.

Before attempting to make the next child, I always check to see if baby boost is needed, and provide it when necessary only.

I haven't used perfumes, praise, candies, fruits or anything else to encourage the attempts, just persistance.

On my double "No Way" couple, it was close, but she started nursing the sixth child at 50 yrs of age. I don't think the preferences matter in whether they will have children or in how many they will have except in the fact that it takes longer between attempts and they may run out of time before getting the last child.

#200158 - 06/24/09 05:46 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: knksmiles]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
That's basically what I've found as well, knk.

The boosting method I used for the "test" families I posted about was what I decided to do to make sure they were all treated equally. In other words, to make sure that didn't effect the results.

One day I'll have time to go through all the family trees and gather some more info (especially on multiples.) I've just gotten so into modding lately I don't have a lot of time. lol I even paused several families when we finally finished the career and salary list. tired

#216961 - 02/20/10 04:14 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: BayouBlonde]
grasshopper Offline
Adviser

trust me i know how you guys feel my sixth generation on one is really aggrivating they failed and failed until i gave them babyboost now they have six kids seth felicity sophie zackry jackson and gregory. all six are brats.

#216979 - 02/20/10 07:50 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: grasshopper]
Phoeniix Offline

Originally Posted By: quirinius
trust me i know how you guys feel my sixth generation on one is really aggrivating they failed and failed until i gave them babyboost now they have six kids seth felicity sophie zackry jackson and gregory. all six are brats.

LOL, i know the feeling. My Couple Derrell and Wizzy had one child, Akia. Then they didnt want anymore i guess. She went off to college. I miss her. Then they adopted Khia and Paul, Who are VERY good chldren. Now they are Derrell (58) and Wizzy (60). I never gave them a baby boost (theyre poor). but still, is it over for them?

#216995 - 02/20/10 09:09 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Phoeniix]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
I notice that after they are too old to have more kids (55+ for mom), they rarely argue about trying. I guess they figure if they know it won't result in a pregnancy, why not just enjoy. blush

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter