Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#199586 - 06/21/09 12:40 AM Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Lyssaria this looks really nice. I'm going to download it and check it out. Big hugs!

#199588 - 06/21/09 12:45 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lewanda]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
I'm glad you like it smile I hope your peeps agree.

#199701 - 06/21/09 10:41 PM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
SykoSofie Offline
Trainee

Loc: Indiana
Lyssaria, that chocolate bedroom is absolutely, wonderfully delicious! My peeps would be jumping on the bed at every opportunity if they had that bedroom, (can you tell I'm a hard-core chocoholic?) but I'm sad to say, I can't use it... unless, um..... LEWANDA!!! grin

#199703 - 06/21/09 11:01 PM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: SykoSofie]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
SykoSofie: LOL! Your comment made me laugh! smile Lyssaria: VERY NICE sofa and chair for the livingroom!

#199706 - 06/21/09 11:08 PM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: MissKathy]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

@SykoSofie: haha! you found the reason behind my naming scheme for my bedroom. I'm a hardcore chocoholic as well ^^ In fact your comment got me craving some! I hope you can use it, jumping on the bed is wonderful exercise wink Thanks for the comment

@MissKathy: Thank you! I was honestly trying to make some shiny leather and it came out rather fuzzy, but I think they look pretty comfy! I sense a nap time coming on.

#199723 - 06/22/09 02:11 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Truthfully I think you should build a house around the chocolate fuzzy theme. Make the shower curtains choco brown and the bath rugs fuzzy choco. Put a rug in the kitchen that is chocolate colored. Change some of the other rooms to match and volio!

I recently had to uninstall reinstall VF cause it was having trouble. Then I looked and all them mods I downloaded were gone! Including one I made which made me mad. I had no backup of it. Anyway I shall keep an eye on this theme, and if it turns out where there's a whole set like what Lewanda did I might get it. Looks like we have another talented modder.

EDIT: I just thought of something you could make the rug in the kitchen and the rugs in the bathroom is the shape of candy wraps (untwisted of course) or you could make the in the shape of a chocolate! (Uh do you sense I love choco or something?)

EDIT 2: I just put the living room mod and the bedroom mod in my folder and I get this (see pic) And when I do it the other way (install bedroom first then living room) The living is split in half. Is there anyway you can merge the maps together to fix it please?

Attachments
mess.jpg

Edited by Havoria (06/22/09 02:29 AM)

#199729 - 06/22/09 02:36 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Lyssaria!!!!

You are my new idol!!! I was going to start a topic on you when I found this one!

I LOVE your mods! (think I'm going to change my entire house!)

Oh, and my peeps say thanks for the wonderful new bedroom!

Attachments
new bed.JPG

Description: Piccolo and Janis asleep in new bed.

#199731 - 06/22/09 02:50 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

@Havoria: Thanks for the comment! I'm definitely going to continue the chocolate theme in my house, although I meant it more towards the color than chocolate itself, I love the chocolate wrapper ideas! Chocoholics united smile

As for installing the mods, the way the maps are designed, they didn't separate the rooms so you'll see part of the living room and bedroom in the same map. For that reason, I had to take away my bedroom modification in the living room mod when I created it. I'll give you my personal copy of the piece you need to get the bedroom and living room working together. I attached it in my reply for you.

@*Moonlyght*: Aww thank you so much! I'm glad to see my hobby is working out nicely for other people smile The bed and lamps look gorgeous with those sheets & shades! I'm glad they're enjoying it. Wow looking at them sleeping peacefully is making me even more sleepy haha.

Attachments
MapX2Y1.jpg

Edited by Lyssaria (06/22/09 02:51 AM)
Edit Reason: Attached the map file

#199766 - 06/22/09 10:25 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I spent half a day trying to make a new headboard to get rid of that huge square thing and those books!! lol I'm just learning how to work the image editor and we went round and round until I wanted to throw something at the monitor. Thank you, thank you. smile

Do you care if I mix it with the stuff I've been working on? I hate to post a screenie because I've only been doing this a few days, but I really think it will look great. smile I'm envious of that rug too - I never could get the stupid skew / transform thingie to work right and ended up drawing one in by hand. lol Anyway, here's where I want to use your stuff, if you don't mind:

Edited by BayouBlonde (06/22/09 10:37 AM)

#199767 - 06/22/09 10:53 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Hey BB, your mods are looking great. I hope you'll send me some more previews as you do them. smile

#199774 - 06/22/09 02:02 PM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lewanda]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Thank you Lyssaria! I appreciate it! And I'm glad you liked my ideas.

BB your mods are really coming along as well.

#199815 - 06/22/09 05:17 PM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

blush Thanks guys! I've actually been avoiding posting screenies because I feel it's so unfinished and constantly see something that needs to be fixed. We had a bet going to see how long I could hold out. :P

Lewanda, I almost sent you something the other day because I really needed another (honest) opinion on it. Glad to hear you don't mind. smile

I'm just dying to try that new headboard and maybe the rug and coffee table too. Something about the carpet reminds me of *whispers* that old simulation game I used to play. >.> Too bad I don't have it installed any more - I bet I could grab some nice images and textures from it. lol

#199831 - 06/22/09 06:10 PM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Your mods look wonderful BB! Feel free to use whatever you need :), that goes for everyyone else as well. Everyone's peeps deserve to be happy after all.

I was definitely fighting with my image editor when I was trying to make the two rooms haha.

#199899 - 06/23/09 01:42 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lewanda]
KCJen Offline
Trainee

Loc: Kansas
I love the mods for the living and bedroom but as one of hte other players said up there I am having a problem merging the bedroom chocolate theme and the living room without one of hte rooms being cut in half. I can do one or the other. Is there a tip? This is the first time I have tried to do two mods and would like to continue and do the bathroom and laundry and kitchen but afraid of this half room being messed up thingy. Thanks!

#199902 - 06/23/09 01:51 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: KCJen]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Hi KC! What you need is a person with the image that merges the rooms together. For instance, if you want to use my bedroom and living room, you need the file I attached to this post as opposed to the one provided in the bedroom and living room posts I did.

I just made them separately in case someone wanted one and not the other, I'll be sure to release a full package of the deluxe chocolate rooms in the future when I get it all together. Thanks for the interest!

Just save the file below and use it the same way you used the ones I posted. Enjoy smile

Attachments
MapX2Y1.jpg

Edited by Lyssaria (06/23/09 01:52 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling (oopsy)

#199903 - 06/23/09 02:28 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
nonblonde007 Offline

Thank you so much for this mod, I love it! I would love to modify my other rooms but don't want to mess these up, do you have any other mods that can be put with this one? Plants, bath, etc? Again, thanks, just lovely.

#199906 - 06/23/09 03:24 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: nonblonde007]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

I think what most of us non-image editing folk don't realize is that the pictures the game uses have pieces of each room on them. So when one person modifies one room, they are actually modifying pieces of that room on more than one image file. On those same images are pieces of the surrounding rooms as well. (Note the attached image piece above has two parts of the master bedroom missing, but also contains parts of the kids room, master bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen.)

Our "modders" have been WONDERFUL about working together and sharing their work so that we can pick and choose a room from one and a different room from another, but it's a lot of work to change each map piece for each room that a person requests. Lyssaria is providing the images with each room separately and with both rooms together, so we can pick and choose.

The plants and bathroom you have seen were done by other artists and wouldn't contain Lyssaria's mods. There will probably be a few merges posted soon, but the truth of the matter is if you want to pick and choose from a variety of different things, it's probably best if you try to do them yourself. It's a whole different world once you start and is nearly as addictive as the game itself. hehe

Edit: This post actually shows how the images are put together to make the game map that we see.

Edited by BayouBlonde (06/23/09 03:30 AM)

#199909 - 06/23/09 03:56 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: BayouBlonde]
nonblonde007 Offline

Wow, BB! I am just in awe of the knowledge that some of you have and the creativity. Thanks for all the hard work.

#199911 - 06/23/09 04:15 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: nonblonde007]
KCJen Offline
Trainee

Thanks to everyone who has been so kind replying and sending messages! I see now where everything is in a square shape and has more then one room which explains my rainbow colored house I ended up with when I tried them all at one time. lol

I do marvel at the right brained people! Thanks for all your hard work!

#199923 - 06/23/09 05:24 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: nonblonde007]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: nonblonde007
Wow, BB! I am just in awe of the knowledge that some of you have and the creativity. Thanks for all the hard work.

Oh, not me! blush I am not one of the artists. I've only just begun to learn how to use an image editor. I'm a mod newbie. lol

But, you are very welcome for the info - that's about all I can do as far as creativity goes. wink

#199927 - 06/23/09 05:35 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: BayouBlonde]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

And I am as happy as I can be!

I've made such a mix here! I have a living room that has Lewanda's stuff, Lyssaria's stuff and some of my stuff. My peeps are really happy!

Thanks Lewanda and Lyssaria for the wonderful mods!!! smile

Attachments
New Picture.JPG

#199932 - 06/23/09 06:19 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

As long as you're happy Sweetie...that's all that matters. Enjoy your virtual house. smile If you want to use the plant layers send me your email addy, and I will mail them to you.

Edited by Lewanda (06/23/09 06:20 AM)

#199934 - 06/23/09 06:41 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lewanda]
KCJen Offline
Trainee

I got the chocolate rooms plus a lot more, thanks lewanda, I am so happy!

I have searched and searched for this invisible thing like Moonlyght has for her side and bottom tool bar. Does anyone know what it is under in the mods section?

#199940 - 06/23/09 07:07 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: KCJen]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

I just sent you my invisible toolbar, but if you want the black one it's under the name of dark interface or something like that way back in the mods section.

#199942 - 06/23/09 07:12 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lewanda]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Your living room looks wonderful Moonlyght! I'm glad to have helped with achieving it. smile

@KCJen: You can find that specific mod here
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt..._for#Post191634

#199949 - 06/23/09 07:35 AM Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
KCJen Offline
Trainee

Thanks Lewanda! I got it. Thanks for merging Lyssaria and your mods together, my house looks great!

#199955 - 06/23/09 08:24 AM KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: KCJen]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

You're so welcome Sweetheart. Enjoy! smile

#199960 - 06/23/09 01:10 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lewanda]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Uh Lyssaria..... I hate to be a problem again, but I think you forgot a file. Or did I miss one? I only saw three files not four. I'm using the kids' bedroom that connects with the other chocolate themes.

Sorry to be a problem. blush

Attachments
mess2.jpg

#199982 - 06/23/09 06:29 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

The file you're missing is in the .zip I attached since it doesn't conflict with any of my other rooms, sorry for the confusion! The other three files are there to attach all three rooms together. smile

I'll add it here for you so you don't have to go to the trouble of downloading it.

Attachments
MapX3Y2.jpg

#200001 - 06/23/09 08:15 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Ohhhhh. Thanks I didn't think of that. blush

You should edit your mod post and specify that the fourth file is in the zip

Edited by Havoria (06/23/09 08:17 PM)

#200007 - 06/23/09 08:28 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Unfortunately once 6 hours passes after a post, you can't edit it anymore frown I guess the best I can do is help people out when they ask about it!

#200011 - 06/23/09 08:48 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Oh okay frown

#200171 - 06/24/09 08:31 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Missing map smile

Is it this one?

Attachments
MapX2Y0.jpg

#200173 - 06/24/09 08:32 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Yeah, that's the map file I need but the original, so my wallpaper and carpeting are gone. Thanks smile I'm working on the kitchen so I'll need the original in case someone wants the kitchen separated.

#200176 - 06/24/09 08:43 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Oh! I only have one with a fern, don't know if it helps.

I think Lewanda has the original one.

Attachments
MapX2Y0.jpg

#200177 - 06/24/09 08:45 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Oh okay, thanks for trying! The ferns are really pretty smile

#200192 - 06/24/09 10:19 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Is this the file you needed? This is the original.

Attachments
MapX2Y0.jpg

#200197 - 06/24/09 10:44 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

laugh That's also the map file I edited, you can see my carpet and wallpaper on the bottom-right corner. It's okay though, Lewanda sent the original to me, thanks for trying guys!

#200202 - 06/24/09 11:45 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
hhodgson76 Offline

Can anyone tell me how to get the chocolate bedrooms, the updated pool and all that other stuff? I clicked on links that you guys put in here, but I have NOOO idea how to do anything like updating all this stuff..let me know please...Thank you very much!! :-)

#200203 - 06/24/09 11:49 PM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: hhodgson76]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Hhodgson - There are general installation instructions for player modifications (mods) in the mods forum (or click here.)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#200218 - 06/25/09 03:36 AM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Xay]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Sorry Lyssaria! Silly me took it from my game folder NOT my backup file folder. LOL

#200220 - 06/25/09 03:41 AM Re: KCJen/Re: Re your Deluxe Chocolate Bedroom [Re: Havetia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

It's okay, it's the thought that counts, right? smile

I edited my posts in the mod section so they should be a bit easier to work with now (I hope!)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter