Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#19952 - 05/05/06 01:34 PM Re: Top Cheaters of Fish Tycoon
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Sneakers,

In general developers do want to be able to encourage mods--not hacks, but mods. The Fish Tracker program, for example, is amazing and this is community interest and support in the game that we are very grateful for.

Our village simulator will be even more open to modding, but we will take modest steps to reduce cheating and hacking.

Regarding banning people, so far everyone has been reasonably polite, even if they are disagreeing strongly. If it gets nasty Barbara might lock this thread, but I don't see a reason to ban anyone.

#19953 - 05/06/06 04:05 AM Re: Top Cheaters of Fish Tycoon
jf3000 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hey CaraBeans22, if you have something to say say it to me. If you have a problem with cheating get over it, its life. I played the game before I cheated, I enjoyed playing the game. I cheated afterwards so I could see if I could make any difference to the game. Simple.

#19954 - 05/06/06 10:59 AM Re: Top Cheaters of Fish Tycoon
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hmmm....I can see where this discussion might be headed, so it's time for the last word in this thread. I know that jf3000 has taken a lot of heat in the last month from some of the more outspoken members of the forum (including, it seems, some ugly PMs), and I don't condone that kind of personal attack. As Arthur said, a few posts notwithstanding, the discussions have been relatively polite. However, this isn't the place to have even polite "wars" about cheating.

There are many, many places on the 'net where people encourage cheating and actively share ways to cheat. This isn't one of them. We don't "ban" all discussions about cheats, or the people who promote them, but we certainly don't encourage them. LDW's games are the kinds of games that attract people of all sorts. And they all have different opinions about "cheating" - not only what constitutes cheating, but on whether or not it's right or wrong to cheat.

Regardless of which side of the "cheating coin" you fall on, let's keep the discussions here focused on the games, and not on each other's philosophies and behaviors. Don't make me exercise my magical powers!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter