Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#200106 - 06/24/09 06:17 AM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: BayouBlonde]
knksmiles Offline
Master

I don't think you can do seperate mods. There is only one copy of the images folder in the file after you do it the way ajuma described. Rather than copying the close to 60 MB of the entire game, you are only copying the 1.2 MB executable file.

#200107 - 06/24/09 06:25 AM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: knksmiles]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Some people like to buy writable CDs and USB drives to keep extra copies of their games on there. For example, if you have a blank CD you can copy the game files onto there (including the images) without taking up space on your computer.

Since it's a CD, you just pop it in anytime someone wants to play. Of course, this works as many times as you want if you have a lot of people that like to play the game.

Just a thought! Otherwise if you're not worried about how much space is on your computer, Tuna's method works perfectly.

#200108 - 06/24/09 06:28 AM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Thank you Sweetie! She has three months of doing nothing. That's why she wants to be able to have more families.

#200135 - 06/24/09 04:12 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: Lyssaria]
serendipity8777 Offline
Expert

Loc: 7,107 Islands
Originally Posted By: Lyssaria
Some people like to buy writable CDs and USB drives to keep extra copies of their games on there. For example, if you have a blank CD you can copy the game files onto there (including the images) without taking up space on your computer.

Since it's a CD, you just pop it in anytime someone wants to play. Of course, this works as many times as you want if you have a lot of people that like to play the g

Just a thought! Otherwise if you're not worried about how much space is on your computer, Tuna's method works perfectly.

Very good idea! My USBs are just gathering dust here at home. Why didn't I think of that before? confused Had to make a new user account just to play 5 more families. Very convenient for those of us trying to conserve our computer memory. Thanks, Lyssaria. smile

#200149 - 06/24/09 05:03 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: serendipity8777]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

No problem! My dad once piled on about 20-30 blank CDs on me a few years ago and I never found a use for them..only thought about it last night haha.

#200553 - 06/27/09 07:42 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

Tuna, does that require paying again?

#200555 - 06/27/09 07:44 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: txmom2]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

As long as you have the original install file, you can install it again without having to pay. smile

#200557 - 06/27/09 07:47 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: Lyssaria]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

Ok, but how do I install it again?

#200571 - 06/27/09 09:05 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: txmom2]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Run the install file and when it gets to the part where you choose the place where all the files will be installed, rename it like Tuna Puzzler said such as:

C:\Program Files\VF\
C:\Program Files\LDW - Virtual Families\
C:\Program Files\Another Virtual Families Copy\

This will install another copy of the game for you. After that you can follow the rest of Tuna's instructions.

#200574 - 06/27/09 09:16 PM Re: Multiple families .....How do i do that? [Re: txmom2]
mikesmom Offline

Loc: las vegas,nv
I'm sorry I am new to this game. I bought Virtual Villagers II & now bought the Virtual Families for my Grand Daughter & I to play together when she comes over. It would be a treat for us if I knew how to make it so we have the availability of multiple families. I saw this posting where the question is asked how do we load the game onto a cd & how is it installed but I don't seem to be able to find the answer. Would you direct me to where I can obtain this information or instruct me how. We really love these games & get many hours of enjoyment from them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter