Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#196979 - 05/31/09 12:47 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Riograce]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
So, basically neither the store information nor the game guide information is correct?
Repeated dosing does not increase the chance of twins or triplets and repeated dosing does not decrease the chance of having a baby?

I'm gonna make myself sound like a real addict here, but since I was updated to .05, I play 14 families. hehe (It started as a way for me to gather data on a lot of careers at one time, then I found myself unable to choose which of the little families to delete.) Out of those 14, I have one generation that had only 4 kids (this was a family created by my daughter) and one that had only 5 kids. All the remaining have had 6 kids per, and I'm striving to keep it that way. At the moment I have a couple in their 40s that have only 4 kids. They've already had baby boost and I'm getting nervous that they won't make 6 before they hit 50+ because they've recently had a few unsuccessful attempts. I've been tempted to try re-dosing them. Hence, my curiosity about everyone's experience with multi-dosing and it's effects.

Thank you all for your replies!

#196983 - 05/31/09 01:02 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: BayouBlonde]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
ive given it multiple times to the same peeps and some go and try and dont succeed so i just give it again wait 15-20 minutes try again. normally they have one! if not i just repeat! lol im an addict too! smile

#196986 - 05/31/09 01:25 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: esther1981]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
I asked about that in an earlier thread and at that time, Lady said that what the description means is that multiple doses will not help more -- not that dosing multiple times will "decrease" the chance of them having kids though. It just isn't supposed to "help" them conceive as much as the first dose does. But I agree with the rest of you, it wasn't well written. Apparently it wasn't well written in either the game guide nor in the game. I have both, but after skimming over the guide, I found that coming here was far more helpful and haven't looked at the guide since.

But, now that I've said that -- yes, I given more than one dose and always end up with at least a single baby still. I have ten families and most are either on their third or fourth generation now. When I got the .05 version, I completely uninstalled my game, reinstalled it, added the game code that was in my email back in and started as though I had just received the game.

I have had at least 5 sets of triplets and 2 or 3 sets of twins. I actually get more triplets than twins. Several were born "after" I dosed them, but at least one set of triplets just happened on my first try -- before using the baby boost. So, maybe my game is like that other person's game where her peeps just seem to carry the "multiples" gene or something. smile

#196989 - 05/31/09 02:20 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Simsane]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Ahh, thanks Simsane. I ran a search for "baby boost" before creating the thread, but it found over 200 posts and I gave up reading after the 5th page or so. I think I'll just stick with my method of one dose per person as it seems like more than one doesn't really do anything. I'll just spend my extra cash on changes of clothes, movies, books and extra fruit, or seeing how many groceries I can cram into the fridge. hehe

I have had triplets and twins since .05, just not nearly as many as with .00, but then again, I'm not up to as many generations yet either (even though I have five more families.)

#197000 - 05/31/09 03:46 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: BayouBlonde]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde

I'm gonna make myself sound like a real addict here, but since I was updated to .05, I play 14 families. hehe

I have 12 myself. blush

But, it's really more fun to have more families. I picked one to be my "favorite" and I use Twitter to post about it. It makes it even more fun.

Okay, yeah, I'm addicted, what else is new?

#197001 - 05/31/09 03:54 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
15 and 12? smile I thought I was bad, lol! Yea, this game is fun and the more the merrier, I wholeheartedly agree!

BayouBlonde, I've only given more than one dose in a few instances. I have had at least 4 peeps now that were told by the doctor's evaluation that they needed a baby boost even though they had just taken over the house and were between 23 and 27 years old. With those, I will give them one and then if they only have a single child and aren't willing to try again for a long time, I will sometimes give them a second one. hmmm, I'm not saying that quite right. If they have one and then 5, 6 or 7 years later they have another one and then when they are in their mid-40's I decide to try again, THEN I will give them another one to try to help make sure they have that last child. Based on what Lady told me, that shot still helps, just not as much as the original one did.

#197036 - 05/31/09 05:59 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Simsane]
namesdi Offline
Trainee

Loc: TN
I've had couples who didn't succeed in getting a baby the first time. So we tried again, and again and again. Many times. Eventually they are with child. No baby boost. Just patience. (I'm too tight to spend $500.00 on the shot, LOL)

In one of my first generation families I had a woman who had 5 children. It took her a long time to make a family. I would have to put her and her husband together over and over. By the time she had her 6th child she was 54.

I always write down if they are twins or triplets in the place for notes. Here's the multiples I've had with no baby boost.

Family 1:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples.
Second generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins

Family 2:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins, 1 set triplets

Family 3:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set triplets
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins

Family 4:
First generation - 6 kids - One set twins
Second generation - 4 kids - no multiples yet

Family 5:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples
Second generation - 4 kids - No multiples yet

#197106 - 05/31/09 04:40 PM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: namesdi]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Ok, using the info Simsane posted and the advanced search feature to weed out all those other "baby boost" posts, here is what I found:
Post 1
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
You can give as many baby boost shots as you want (and can afford). What "diminished effect" means is that, after the first shot, each additional shot provides less of a boost than the one before it, but it still provides some amount of boost.

2nd Post
When it comes to using Baby Boost, you really only have two choices: guesswork or paying for a doctor's consultation. The doctor's consultation will let you know for sure where Baby Boost might be useful. Guesswork can be expensive, but may be effective anyway. Regardless of which option you choose, multiples are still largely random. You could spend all of your money on Baby Boost and still not get twins or triplets.

3rd Post
The description says, "Note that repeated applications have a diminished effect." That means that each additional shot will be less effective than previous ones, but it does not have a negative effect on ability to have babies.

#197134 - 05/31/09 06:22 PM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: namesdi]
namesdi Offline
Trainee

Loc: TN
Originally Posted By: namesdi
I've had couples who didn't succeed in getting a baby the first time. So we tried again, and again and again. Many times. Eventually they are with child. No baby boost. Just patience. (I'm too tight to spend $500.00 on the shot, LOL)

In one of my first generation families I had a woman who had 5 children. It took her a long time to make a family. I would have to put her and her husband together over and over. By the time she had her 6th child she was 54.

I always write down if they are twins or triplets in the place for notes. Here's the multiples I've had with no baby boost.

Family 1:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples.
Second generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins

Family 2:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set Twins
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins, 1 set triplets

Family 3:
First generation - 6 kids - 1 set triplets
Second generation - 5 kids - 1 set twins

Family 4:
First generation - 6 kids - One set twins
Second generation - 4 kids - no multiples yet

Family 5:
First generation - 6 kids - No multiples
Second generation - 4 kids - No multiples yet

Just wanted to add that I had another set of twins this morning. Family 4, second generation- no baby boost!

#197270 - 06/01/09 05:05 AM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: namesdi]
devotedmommy Offline

child at 54!!!! I thought 50 was the cut off????

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter