Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#196937 - 05/30/09 08:48 PM Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I find the baby boost store description and the game guide description to be a little conflicting and would like to know what people's experience has been with multiple doses.

So, the store description says:
Click to reveal..
Multiple doses can DECREASE the effectiveness.

While the Game Guide says:
Click to reveal..
Multiple doses may cause TWINS or TRIPLETS.

Which do you think is correct? Have you given multiple doses to your little people? Have you had any increase or decrease in fertility? any increase in multiple births?

As for myself, so far, I've stuck to the store description. I give baby boost only when I have a couple of unsuccessful "tries" in a row or a doc consult says one or both of them need it. I've never given more than one dose to the same little person (I use notes in the family section to keep track.) I always have 5-6 kids per couple.

#196942 - 05/30/09 09:45 PM Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: BayouBlonde]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
In my experience multiple doses do help them to have a baby. After 2-4 doses the couple is almost guaranteed to get a baby when they try for one.

However, I have noticed no increase in multiple births, even with 10+ doses for each peep (mother and father), so I do not believe it works to increase the chance of multiples at all.

I give baby boost to everybody. Hey, I what else am I going to spend $ on, now that I have all the upgrades?

#196950 - 05/30/09 10:48 PM Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Gosh.. how did you get all the upgrades so quick?

#196953 - 05/30/09 10:51 PM BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
BayouBlonde, I saw the difference in what the guide and store descriptions said about the baby boost too, and it also confused me.

I used to get mulitple births every time I used the baby boost...They would eventually have twins or triplets if not on the first try. However since upgrade .05 I haven't had one multiple birth no matter how much or how little baby boost I use. It has to have something to do with a change in programming from the earlier versions to this one.

#196954 - 05/30/09 10:54 PM Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Nora Willow]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
Gosh.. how did you get all the upgrades so quick?

I have all the upgrades already. Of course, I have been playing since the release. (Like, download/install time is all I was down from the release.) smile

#196958 - 05/30/09 11:00 PM BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Lewanda]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I never used baby boost before I upgraded to .05. I have had multiple births since .05, but not nearly as many as I had before. I went straight from .00 to .05, so I tend to agree that it is something in the programming of the .05 version that has decreased our chances of multiple births, regardless of baby boost. I saw nothing in the readme notes about any changes though.

#196960 - 05/30/09 11:05 PM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
I still have .02 and .04 downloads and am thinking about reinstalling one of them to see if I can get multiples again. I really don't see so many fixes in the .05 version anyway.

#196962 - 05/30/09 11:24 PM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: Lewanda]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
i dont see any increase in multiples with or without baby boost. i have only had 1 set of twins on one family and one set of triplets on another. i cant remember if i used it b4 i had the twins, but i know i didnt b4 the triplets. i normally dont use it til the couples in their late 30s or 40s. but even after repeated uses i see no multiples!

#196963 - 05/30/09 11:42 PM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: esther1981]
namesdi Offline
Trainee

Loc: TN
I have 05 and never had the earlier versions. I have 5 families going and all of them are in the second generation. They have twins and triplets a lot! (I've never bought the baby boost) I just thought this was normal for the game and everyone else is having lots of multiples too.

Twins and triplets must run in all of my little peeps families! heeheehee

Edited by namesdi (05/30/09 11:43 PM)

#196964 - 05/30/09 11:45 PM Re: BayouBlonde/ Re: Baby Boost Multi Dosing [SPOILERS] [Re: esther1981]
Riograce Offline
Expert

Loc: Southeastern US
The lack of multiples doesn't bother me - it's one of the aspects of the game that mirrors Real Life (tm). I've had one set of triplets and one set of twins among all five of my family trees, and that seems right to me.

And while some of my peeps have taken longer to get preg than others, I haven't had any real difficulty having families of at least three children.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter