Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#194016 - 05/15/09 10:39 AM VF - my families are exhausted
Kiya Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi

I have 2 families and both are constantly exhausted. I do not leave the game running 24/7 as I can only get to the game for 2-3 hours every 12 hours or so. I will let it run when I am home in the evening so my families are 'running' for 5-6 hours and I check up on them from time-to-time. I am always putting them to bed. What should I do here as I'm getting a bit fed up with putting them to bed all the time?

#194019 - 05/15/09 10:47 AM Re: VF - my families are exhausted [Re: Kiya]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Go to Menu > Options then change "Reverse Day/Night".

#194021 - 05/15/09 12:44 PM Re: VF - my families are exhausted [Re: Kiya]
voicecrasher Offline

Loc: Portugal
Here are some sugestions to resolve your problem:
- After putting them all to bed you've got to turn of the game for 6-8 hours for them to be able to sleep.
- Praise them a couple of times when they "Go to bed", that way they'll start to do it on their own.

#196449 - 05/27/09 06:18 PM paused games not working?
Tiff42 Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
My peeps are always exhausted! Like I said in my earlier post, the only luck I've had with getting them rested is to pause the game for a couple of days. I have sat and watched them sleep, keep putting them back in bed when they get up....try that for yourself, fyi, I challenge anyone to keep themselves awake for that! The best I can do with them is to get them from exhausted to tired. I'm starting to wonder what's the point of trying to play a game that I have to walk away from for a couple of days just to keep my characters alive!!! Now I'm trying re-inforcing sleeping with candies and such. If that doesn't work....I just don't know. Oh and yes, they are well-fed and happy, healthy too. *sigh*

#196467 - 05/27/09 07:00 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: Tiff42]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Are you playing the game mostly at night? It might be an idea to switch day and night in the options to see if that makes a difference

#196503 - 05/27/09 10:14 PM Re: My families are exhausted [Re: arnie]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
My peeps are always tired or exhausted. I put them to bed but they are still always tired or exhausted. It's frustrating.

#196516 - 05/27/09 11:32 PM Re: My families are exhausted [Re: stonzee]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Since this is a virtual life simulation, and not a VV game, the peeps need to rest. If you're constantly checking on them, they think you want to play with them, and they will be tired from lack of rest.

Besides the suggestions offered above, make sure that you're playing the latest version (1.00.05), which has significant improvements in the peep's energy levels. You can learn about getting the update in Arthur's post, but please pay attention to the warning note, or you could cause your game to revert to a trial version.

#196534 - 05/28/09 12:36 AM Re: My families are exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
Jo5329 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alabama
You need to shut the game off (hit the X) and leave it off for at least 4 hours after going to bed. If you put them to bed and minimize, they won't sleep.

#196541 - 05/28/09 12:58 AM Re: My families are exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
Tyrant Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Shouldn't the player be able to play the game even if the peep is resting? From what I've read it sounds to me like you can't play the game for 5-7 hours if you want them to get their rest, is that correct?

In any case, I did just that. I have three families that are exhausted and I, myself (the player wink ) rested for 4.5 hours, turned off the computer, and when checking back they were still as exhausted as before.

I also tried "monitoring" one by placing him about 6 times and waiting those six times until he woke up and he was still exhausted!

I also praised most of them for taking naps and sleeping (more than once and without nagging) In fact, I've created one that has only received praise for "going to bed" thus far...

so I guess the question stands : What should one do to get them to have their rest?

Edited by Tyrant (05/28/09 01:04 AM)

#196544 - 05/28/09 01:15 AM Re: My families are exhausted [Re: Tyrant]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The answer depends upon which version of the game you are playing, since it has changed several times since the game was released. If you look on the menu screen, you'll see the version number in the lower left.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter