Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195786 - 05/23/09 11:17 PM I need some Computer Help...Please
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
My Recovery(D:) drive only has 428MB of free space put of 9.99GB. It has never had that little amount before and i was wondering if there is any way to make more free space. I have been having alot of problems with my computer and was also wondering if this could be the cause? Any help is appreciated.

#195793 - 05/23/09 11:31 PM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: *Vanna]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

Pictues and Video take up alot of room. So if you have some old pictures you don't need or go to Office Depot or some place like that and buy some more memory.

#195796 - 05/23/09 11:35 PM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: tkdgrl223]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Ive already deleted all pictures and videos, even some programs that were installed that i no longer used

#195801 - 05/23/09 11:51 PM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: *Vanna]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Hi Savannah! The best thing you can do to help your memory is to get an extra harddrive to store all your stuff on. I even made a game folder in mine and install all my games to it. It sure saves me a lot of room on my drive. It wouldn't hurt too if you added some extra memory. Big hugs!

#195832 - 05/24/09 03:02 AM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: Lewanda]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Hi Savannah! When you say having alot of problems with your computer what do you mean? Also for me to help you better would you mind posting your specs, especially what OS (aka Vista, XP ect.) how much RAM you have, total hard drive space and how much is used, what kind of graphic card you are using, and anything else that might be useful.

#195836 - 05/24/09 03:45 AM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: Havetia]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

um, your gonna have to help me find all that info, ive got some computer smarts but not alot, as for the problems i have been having, my computer will be on and running fine and then it will freeze, Go to a black screen and it says entering power save mode. Then the blue screen of death pops up...when it tries to reboot it tells me that windows is having problems starting up and asks me to run a "start-Up Repair" after running the start up repair my computer will work fine for a few days, and then the whole process starts over... each time i have to run start up repair or use a restore point to get my computer to work. OS is Vista.. as for the other stuff you asked for i need directions on how to find it.

#195863 - 05/24/09 12:11 PM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: *Vanna]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I know you can get more memory at newegg.com , does that help smile ?

#195864 - 05/24/09 12:32 PM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: halidog]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Hali that would be helpful, because last night I was working with her on the issue and found out the message that came with the BSOD was "memory crash dump". Which means either her RAM she has right now is faulty or she needs more RAM. I gave her a test to perform on her computer last night, and I am waiting for the results.

#195898 - 05/24/09 06:22 PM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: Havetia]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

BSOD message says stop(0x00) NVLDDMKM.sys and a bunch more numbers follow

#195952 - 05/25/09 02:13 AM Re: I need some Computer Help...Please [Re: *Vanna]
Rockmower Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: *Savannah*
My Recovery(D:) drive only has 428MB of free space put of 9.99GB. It has never had that little amount before and i was wondering if there is any way to make more free space. I have been having alot of problems with my computer and was also wondering if this could be the cause? Any help is appreciated.

I'm certainly NOT going to dispute Havetia, because she has a lot more "'puter smarts" than me (remember my poem "The Princess Geek?). Still, I noticed 2 things that seem to have been overlooked.
  • First, you mention your recovery drive D. This is usually a segmented portion of your main drive (sometimes called a virtual drive) that is designed to contain ONLY copies of your main OS and required system files.
    It is intentionally designed to be only slightly larger than the space designed to hold these files. Under normal circumstances, your computer (and you) should not be storing new files on this drive. If the computer is suddenly doing so unexpectedly, you should run a virus scan.
  • Secondly, you mentioned a black screen and a message about the computer entering power saver mode. This is normally a function of the power settings in the Properties file. Try turning off Power Saver by right clicking anywhere on your screen that is not in a running program, and choosing the Power Settings.

I hope this helps. grin

Edited by Rockmower (05/25/09 02:15 AM)

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter