Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195566 - 05/22/09 07:15 PM Introducing....
~Sam~ Offline

Loc: Florida
When I first became aware that LDW released the new "Virtual Families" game I immediately went to my HP Games and tried it out. After my tokens ran out (the day after). I found another trial version and downloaded it. It was only a 60 minute trial...lasted me a day. So I bought it that day. So excited to be able to continue my families, as I haven't purchased any of the VV series yet and have been dying to own my own LDW game. (:

So anyways, this is probably my 3rd day with the same set of families (3) and I could not be loving it more. I have managed to get many of the trophies, and solve many puzzles. I have earned about $2000 on my main account, and the oldest child is 16.

One problem I'm having is lack of multiple children per birth. Out of the many births on my computer (20+) not a single was a multiple children birth.

Another problem- 2 of the 3 of my families have not been concieving children? They both have had 2 children, both are now 16 and 9 years of age. They have tried having children MANY times, as much as possible, and neither of the families have produced a child since. Where as my other family is completely the opposite, and has had a child every time but once. Why is this? I have given the two families doctor check-ups to see if maybe they have an infection or something causing infertility, nothing. Can something help this? They've both had the baby boost.

My suggestions:
-It would be so nice if there was a boost to have multiple children at a time?
-If there was an option to adopt children when you please, not the occasional "child landing on your doorstep"
-If either the store items were cheaper or the salaries were higher? I'm having a bit of trouble saving money...consider the tiny salaries and the horribly high food prices.

Thanks(:

#195577 - 05/22/09 08:22 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: ~Sam~]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
there is a baby boost in the store with the medicines, it doesnt guarantee a multiple birth but it is possible, you might also want to try giving it to the family that cant concieve. it is $500.00 though. Good Luck with your families, and welcome to LDW!!

#195578 - 05/22/09 08:31 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: *Vanna]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
*Savannah* has mentioned the baby boost. One thing I suggest you do first is get a doctor's consultation. It will include whether your peep needs to BB to help conceive. If it says nothing, when you can, try a consultation on the other peep.

The best suggestion I can make about getting money is simply to buy food for the first few days, to allow the bank balance to grow as much as possible. Interest at 10% a day is applied, and it doesn't take too long before it starts mounting up and you can afford some extras and even upgrades. Go slow on the upgrades, though and make sure there's still plenty left in the account after buying each one.

#195580 - 05/22/09 08:36 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: *Vanna]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Welcome to LDW! The games are super addicting (I should know: I own them all. :P)

I sounds to me like you are doing everything correctly. Make sure they have food, are happy and healthy. If you have purchased the doc consult and used baby boost when recommended, there is not much else you can do. Keep trying. If they say it is too soon, you can wait about 15 minutes and try again. If they argue, just keep dropping them onto one another until they try. The oldest I have been able to successfully have a baby is 50 (for the mother.)

Other than that, my theory is that some couples are just more "compatible" than others. I have had more than one multiple birth in the same family and had difficulty with conception in the same family repeatedly. It seems the ones who argue are the ones who have the most trouble conceiving. (But that it just my observation and I have not actually collected stats on it to see if it is fact.) So, if you have an unlucky couple, just know that you have many more generations to come. You will get twins and triplets one day. Just stick with it!

#195582 - 05/22/09 08:38 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: arnie]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
As in life, VF doesn't always have couples who reproduce easily. From playing, I've come to the conclusion that there is no advantage of having 6 kids other than the full house trophy. With fewer kids, your food supply won't go down as fast. And, you may get the adoption event.

#195588 - 05/22/09 08:50 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: QuickStorm]
Riograce Offline
Expert

Loc: Southeastern US
I think the variables of the game make it more fun. Just as real life, *nothing* is guaranteed.

My oldest family is up to the fifth generation, I presently have five families going, and I've had ONE set of triplets and ONE set of twins. OTOH, I just read a post yesterday from someone who got her full complement of kids in *two* births: TWO sets of triplets in one family!

Just keep playing and wait for the fun surprise of multiples - it'll be even greater because you *weren't* able to plan for it. Thank Heaven there are no Octo-Moms in VF! grin

#195589 - 05/22/09 08:55 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: QuickStorm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that there is no advantage of having 6 kids other than the full house trophy.

The only other advantages I can think of are

1. that you get a wider choice when it's time to pick who is to inherit the house;
2. with more kids they are likely to stay in the house longer. It's more fun watching the kids run about than the teens or just the mother and father alone in the house.

#195601 - 05/22/09 09:23 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: arnie]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
More choices for picking up collectables, weeds, wrappers, socks, etc. There is most always someone near their location so you don't have to go searching for someone to take care of it. Or if you have multiple items (a sock, a wrapper, and a couple collectables) all appear at once, you can give each kid a task.

#195653 - 05/23/09 05:39 AM Re: Introducing.... [Re: Jenny23]
~Sam~ Offline

Thanks everyone.(:
I have continued trying for more children, one family still hasn't concieved though they have tried 2 or 3 times since I posted this thread, the other successfully gave birth to a boy.

My first went to college tonight! A bitter-sweet moment, as I treat my family more like an actual family than merely pixels in cyber-space. Anywho, my "main" or more successful family now has six children, one in college, one in her teens, one tween, and three younglings.

Though I know no one is truly going to care about the progress of my families...I felt the need to tell someone that my Logan went off to college! It's amazing you can develope an attachment to something you can't touch, smell, or feel...whom you litterally have very little interaction with, and yet you feel like a caregiver!

Oh, and let it be known, I am not a new LDW user. laugh I bought my first LDW game last summer on my old laptop computer, and I upgraded to a better quality PC only a few months later, since having trials of all the LDW games. (;

#195657 - 05/23/09 05:53 AM Re: Introducing.... [Re: ~Sam~]
fns Offline

I always make my parents (to be) take a shower before trying for a baby. If they are happy, not tired, and clean I usually have success. If one is "not feeling fresh" they don't concieve. Whether being clean or not has any bearing or if I have just been lucky, I don't know. I've had triplets several times in th past two weeks, still haven't had twins though. The don't always want to take a shower though.

They also clean the house and yard much quicker.

#195748 - 05/23/09 08:01 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: fns]
~Sam~ Offline

Good idea. I'll try it on my families. (Now in their 50's it will be much harder to concieve, however.) Wish me luck! wink

#195750 - 05/23/09 08:03 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: ~Sam~]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
If Mom is 51+, she will no longer conceive.

#195762 - 05/23/09 08:43 PM Re: Introducing.... [Re: fns]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
I agree with fns; keeping up personal high gene is definitely a must! My peeps have also had both triplets & twins, not in the same family though.
Right now, I have a young struggling family with two children. Until their financial situation changes, I don't intend for them to have any more children.
The peeps finds it stressful when there's a lack of funds. They've more or less acknowledge that through emails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter