Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#195380 - 05/21/09 10:52 PM Lost--I'm just sick
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Before I give up entirely, I thought I'd ask..I've tried using the instructions you have for restoring lost games, but its noy working in this situation. Before I installed version 5 I made a backup copy, but haven't backed it up since. And my games were much further along, 2 in 4th generation.
Somehow, when I moved the LDW file from "owner's documents" to "shared documents" (so someone else could play on her logon, not mine) it wiped out every game I had. All thats in the file now is 0.ldw. It also took out VV2 & VV3.
Is there (pleaseplease) somewhere else I might look? It seems it *must* be in there, somewhere.

#195386 - 05/21/09 11:20 PM Re: Lost--I'm just sick [Re: Whimsey]
melanoma Offline
Adviser

Whimsey, r u on a Mac or pc?

On a Mac, there's no backup needed, as long as you store the download in "applications". It should automatically go to version 5 with current generations.

I'm not familiar w/ pcs, sorry.

On the other hand, I know it blows to start all over, but I've found that when I did, the "variety" was better (people choosing; store items, etc.)

Hope all goes well.

#195392 - 05/21/09 11:33 PM Re: Lost--I'm just sick [Re: melanoma]
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Its a PC. Oh well, I did want some new families--just not *all* new ones, lol. The first one had all the house upgrades. That'll teach me to put backups in a different folder!

#195395 - 05/21/09 11:40 PM Re: Lost--I'm just sick [Re: Whimsey]
melanoma Offline
Adviser

That blows. I have a folder called "backup", which I include all the files that I've backed up. I had a bunch of stuff from iTunes (movies, music, dvds, etc.) which I accidentally trashed while puter-cleaning. We all learn the hard way! LOL

#195397 - 05/21/09 11:55 PM Re: Lost--I'm just sick [Re: Whimsey]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Whimsey, before you give up completely, use the Windows search function to search for *.ldw (so that you can find every savegame file on your computer that is accessible to your user. Once you have a list of those files, you can look at the dates on them to see how recent they are. You might also want to log on to the other user accounts on the computer and do the same thing.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter