Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#199485 - 06/19/09 09:02 PM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: arnie]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Arnie, I had two soap inventors, and by the second gen they had about everything that could be bought in the game. smile

#199508 - 06/20/09 01:35 AM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: Sepphira]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Sepphira
I just adopted a Novice Candy Designer who is starting out at Level 2 with a salary of $105. I'm not sure if this is the same career you have listed above as Candy Maker or if it's yet another different career, but I'll keep an eye on the salary progression just in case.

Many thanks to you, BayouBlonde, for taking the time to consolidate all this random info into an easy-to-consult chart. *gives you green praise glove times 2*...don't want you to run away 'cause you think I'm nagging. *grin*

*jumps up and down and waves*
You made me giggle so my hubby thinks I've lost it again! (Every time I grin or giggle at the monitor he looks at me like I'm nuts. It's ok though, I do the same to him when he shouts at the game on tv. :P)

I can't take all the credit. Originally the career list was being compiled by Simsane, with beginning and master salaries. I was doing pay scales at all levels that applied to all careers. Then Vanna kind of assumed work on the career list as Simsane became busy with other things. Vanna's her computer is down, so for the time being it's just me. lol

I've checked my lists and I don't have the Candy career on any of my own lists, which means none of my lil peeps have had it. On the other lists it is reported as "Candy Maker" on all but one, which reports only the starting salary as 90 for "Candy Designer." I have a feeling they are the same and people mixed up the name, but ya never know!

#199525 - 06/20/09 04:23 AM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: BayouBlonde]
Sepphira Offline

Loc: South Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde
*jumps up and down and waves*
You made me giggle so my hubby thinks I've lost it again! (Every time I grin or giggle at the monitor he looks at me like I'm nuts. It's ok though, I do the same to him when he shouts at the game on tv. :P)

LOL...I know, right? Talking to (or laughing at) the computer is no less sane than yelling at the TV. At least I'm not talking to myself. Well...not often, I mean. :P

I had a really bad upset tummy tonight, and I had the urge to just sit on the floor in the hopes that the "Great Hand in the Sky" would bring me some peptic syrup so I'd feel all better. laugh

I've checked my lists and I don't have the Candy career on any of my own lists, which means none of my lil peeps have had it. On the other lists it is reported as "Candy Maker" on all but one, which reports only the starting salary as 90 for "Candy Designer." I have a feeling they are the same and people mixed up the name, but ya never know!

You've got to admit, Candy Designer sounds ever so much more sophisticated than Candy Maker does. grin So far this career looks like it's sticking with one of the standard salary progressions:
(2) 105 (3) 129 (4) 144... I'll know for sure when she reaches Level 8.

I wonder why the Mustard Bottler makes more than the Ketchup Bottler does. Sounds like condiment discrimination to me...

#199529 - 06/20/09 05:31 AM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: Sepphira]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Sepphira
I had a really bad upset tummy tonight, and I had the urge to just sit on the floor in the hopes that the "Great Hand in the Sky" would bring me some peptic syrup so I'd feel all better. laugh

I almost woke him up giggling at that one. I hope you don't mind if I quote that on the "You know you're a VF addict when..." thread. Too funny! Oh, and I do hope you are feeling better now.

Maybe Arthur likes mustard more than ketchup? lol In my house, the ketchup bottler would make waaay more. I never seem to buy enough of the stuff.

I've just started three new gens and waited for the third proposal on two of them with no luck on the careers we need. I'm tempted to start a couple of new families, but I know I just can't handle any more. I already have a few on pause. frown

#199532 - 06/20/09 07:42 AM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: BayouBlonde]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Just to confirm that Telemarketer (5) is 120.

#199533 - 06/20/09 10:35 AM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I'm starting a bunch of new games since I'm on vacation, so I'll try to find a candy designer and/or a candy maker!

#199535 - 06/20/09 02:50 PM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: Sepphira]
Pandora Offline

Loc: Nebraska
I have a rocket scientist that started at $105, $129, $?, $144, $168, $195 and just reached Level 7 at $234. His salary progression doesn't match any other occupation that I can see.

#199542 - 06/20/09 03:20 PM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: Pandora]
serendipity8777 Offline
Expert

Loc: 7,107 Islands
Film Processor : (1) 45 (2) ? (3) 66 (4) ? (5) 99 (6) 120
I'll give you an update as soon as my peep progresses. Missed some of the earlier amounts though.

#199550 - 06/20/09 04:49 PM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: serendipity8777]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Thanks Arnie! I've added that one to the exceptions list, as it is complete now.

Ajuma, wait wait!! lol If you are starting new games, we need a Cocktail Inventor and/or a Fiction Writer, PLEASE!! And, if you have time, please do check to make sure we don't have any others missing from the list. *puppy eyes*

Pandora, thank you. It looks like we have another exception. I was wondering why the adverts all say "tiny rocket scientist" but I never saw that as a career.

Serendipity, thank you very much! That's enough that I can tell which of the 45 scales it will be, as long as you can confirm the master salary of 210.

I finally nabbed a Fiction Writer (as a spouse for my Non-Fiction Writer, go figure. :P) So, hopefully I can fill in a few of those missing numbers soon.

#199554 - 06/20/09 06:02 PM Re: Careers & Salaries [Re: BayouBlonde]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Thanks Arnie! I've added that one to the exceptions list, as it is complete now.

I remembered I had a Telemarketer and checked when I saw that you had a level missing; I found she had just reached that level. Right after I posted there was an event that bumped her up to the next level. If I'd read the post five minutes later I'd have missed it.

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter