Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#195276 - 05/21/09 11:30 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Simsane]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Yes I do Simsane! I raised my son that way, and everyone balked about my 'spoiling' him. Though he's always been such a good boy. He was such a good student that he got an exemption from having to do final exams in his senior year, and has a scholarship waiting when he gets out of the army (He joined about halfway through his senior year). Because of his scores being so high he when to airborne jump training right out of basic training. We were told that he was a first...that they don't get to go to airborne school that soon. Now he's army airborne special forces and is in the Middle East protecting the rest of us (even those who complain about our military over there). You couldn't find a finer young man if you looked the country over. So from that I can say that, yes positive reinforcment does work much better than punishment. By the way; If I sound like a proud mother it's because I am. smile

#195283 - 05/21/09 12:06 PM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Lewanda]
scrubbs Offline
Adviser

Loc: oklahoma
applause applause applause to your Son and everyone else that is or has protected this country!!!!!

#195286 - 05/21/09 12:13 PM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: scrubbs]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Thank you Scrubbs! They need to know that they're appreciated. There were two soldiers killed by a bomb just a few miles from where my son is right now. They really need to know that we care! Also we need to know that those that are over there volunteered just like my son. We have no draft today.
I forgot to say that it was only two days ago that this happened with the two soldiers killed by the explosion.

Edited by Lewanda (05/21/09 12:14 PM)
Edit Reason: FORGOT SOMETHING :)

#223142 - 07/05/10 07:40 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Simsane]
mascobabe Offline

I wonder if praising and scolding has effects to the peeps equivalent to the daytime (morning/noon/afternoon/evening/night) or weakness?
That means if I praise s.o. for working in the evening and scolding for other things at the same time (and vice versa), will he prefer working in the evening and do other things doring the day?

#223146 - 07/05/10 11:52 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: mascobabe]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I wouldn't think the time of day would have any effect. You might try it for a while to see what happens, but I suspect you'd get a very confused peep! smile

Actually, I don't know, but I've always assumed that each use of the scolding glove will cancel out a use of the praising glove, and vice versa. Therefore if you praise a peep say five times and scold him four times, the net result would be the same as if you'd praised him once.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter