Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#194902 - 05/19/09 12:52 PM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Lewanda]
Arletta Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Lewanda
I never use the scolding hand on my little peeps or the adult ones, and I've never failed to get them to Master 8. Why would you all want to scold such cute little peepers for? I think the naughty things the kids do is adorable, especially the ones that make them laugh and squeal. I praise mine when they do cute things too like dancing...even the adults. They have to have liesure and fun things to do too to keep them healthy. Working all the time makes their pixel lives shorter. Also too much of the red glove gets them down. My peeps happy mark is always at tilt...I think that makes them healthier and live longer. If they're doing things you think are a waste of time just move them back to doing what you want them to do. Lighten up guys! They're only pixels (Cute ones though). smile Enjoy the little guys. It's not like they're going to grow up to be criminals if you allow them to jump on the beds or mark on the walls.

lol my thoughts exactly, Lewanda. Though admittedly them growing up to be criminals was worrying me slightly. I could just picture a master thief as a legitimate career in VF

#194915 - 05/19/09 02:17 PM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: melanoma]
fluffysue Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: melanoma
ROFL. I am head of the Hawaiian chapter of Control Issues Anonymous. Would you like to join?

If it means I get to go to Hawaii, sure! laugh

#195250 - 05/21/09 06:19 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: fluffysue]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
I always use the red hand when the kids are bad.I only have to use it 1 or 2 times,and they dont do the bad deed again.I think of VF as a game.To me the peeps arent real.

#195252 - 05/21/09 06:27 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Arletta]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Arletta, that's so funny! Surely Arthur wouldn't have programmed such a career as that for our cute little peepers. smile

#195260 - 05/21/09 08:39 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Lewanda]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
The red hand actually works for you emri? I've tried it several times for several different things and have found it does no good at all.

What does work for me though is to pick them up from whatever they are doing that is bugging me (writing on the walls, jumping on the bed, digging a hole to China and banging the dishes -- I don't buy the fish tank for them anyway) and putting them somewhere else such as the toys, the sandbox, the pool, the radio, etc. and then praising them. I've found over time, that this works way better. They stop doing the things that I don't like and only do the things I do like.

Although I have found that the red hand does work better on the adults, but the only thing I scold them for is the Popping a Pimple thing, that drives me nuts, lol!

#195265 - 05/21/09 10:56 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Simsane]
Ladycrash Offline

Loc: Kansas City, MO
I found if you let the kids "dig the hole to china", sooner or later you can catch them chasing gophers. That is really funny. Virtual "Whack a Mole". Lol

I don't like the drawing on the walls, but after the workshop walls have been repaired, I've not had a problem with it.

Hate the "banging dishes" though. That's about the only thing I use the red glove for, unless I have the nasty candy, then I'll use that instead.

#195267 - 05/21/09 10:59 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: emri]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

LOL, emri, no they're not real...they're only pixels, but they're the cutest little pixels I've ever seen and can sure grow on you in their short virtual lifetimes. smile

#195268 - 05/21/09 11:00 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Ladycrash]
Simsane Offline
Master

I always end up getting the gopher game even though I don't let mine dig holes to China. Like your reference to "Whack a Mole" though, made me smile. My grandson used to just LOVE that game. smile

#195271 - 05/21/09 11:06 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Simsane]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Exactly what I was saying Simsane...They'll do what you praise them most for. Also Arthur put the nasty candy in the store as a way to scold them without harming their happiness level. They're healthier when they're at their happiest.

I love it when they write on the walls, play in the dirt, or anything else that makes them giggle and laugh. I love to hear the laughter of little kids.

With the pimple thing; I just move them away from the mirror when they start doing that which seems to result in their doing it less.

#195272 - 05/21/09 11:14 AM Re: The Big Bad Scolding Hand [Re: Lewanda]
Simsane Offline
Master

Oh, in reality, Lewanda, I've rarely scolded the adults for doing that either. I mostly grab them and plop them somewhere else when I see that's what they intend to do. Same with the kids when they want to do that as well. But I have tried the red hand on the adults for that and the couple that I did try it on did seem to stop.

I rarely ever see the salty candy in the store and I've read some scary stuff on these forums about the foreign candy, so that really only leaves either the red hand (which DOES NOT work on my kids) or moving them and praising them which does work. smile

I have the feeling that the game developers were trying to "teach" the players that positive reinforcement is better and more effective than hitting, don't you? wink

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter