Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 41 of 41 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41
Topic Options
#179492 - 12/07/08 11:31 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: halidog]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: halidog
If it isn't too late, I'd like to see some more family interaction, like a kid 'picking flowers for mommy', or a husband 'mourning dead'.

And a husband bringing home flowers for his wife laugh And I would love to know what they are saysing when they are "chatting" "complaining." etc.

#180355 - 12/21/08 02:10 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: MochaJew]
tick_tock Offline
Trainee

My ideas are:

1) Can we have some disabled villagers doing things with inclusive roles? A villager who is elderly or generally has low vision perhaps, might have an assistant who can be dropped on them so they can carry on working or get around assisting each other.

Or same with someone with loss of a limb or use of a hand perhaps can have assistance with potion creation or gathering things.

There are many tribal real life situations where village members with impairments do all sorts of things...

2) Better houses with building actions- e.g. building more than 1 roomed huts, seeing them make bricks or add straw and clay or putting on a chimney - just standing with a knocking sound is boring.

3) Eating - actually picking up fruit or something and seeing eating actions rather than standing by the bin - same with fishing - harpooning or something.

4) babies or infants sucking thumbs or crawling or pulling things over and causing havoc as they do when they find they can move! Pulling petels off the flowers and decreasing flowers available for potions or using in other ways!

5) When healing - to perhaps put their hand on their head for a headache or tummy after swallowing a bad potion to be cured - specific curing actions (would be good if these could be controld in some way by choosing which part of the body to cure - we could play guess which part hurts and if you don't heal the sick part of them, they could die or be confined to bed for ages (of find extra strength and run round and do things faster!).

#181488 - 01/12/09 06:45 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: tick_tock]
RoseArienh Offline
Trainee

I don't visit this forum nearly enough, there are some wonderful ideas in this thread. smile

I didn't see this mentioned, and I also searched, but how about the option for the elderly to "retire"?

It would be fun to see them have a little space set aside only for them. I love that in VV3 I can make virtually everyone an Esteemed Elder, and I think they've earned their rest. Once I've solved the puzzles that require a certain amount of specific workers, I uncheck their preference when they become an Elder, and at least let them do the job they prefer.

#181492 - 01/12/09 07:45 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: RoseArienh]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

I do that too, RoseArienh. Uncheck the tasks and let them do what they want. In VV2, I had a tribe for so long that I had 6 digits of food and tech points. Everything was built or found. After awhile I had a maxed out tribe of untrained villagers, just loafing around and living la vida loca. Retiring would be a good thing for the elderly. Maybe they can go play checkers or shuffle board. grin LOL

#181545 - 01/14/09 08:50 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Gamemastr1]
racek Offline

Loc: California for now
I have enough trouble getting mine to work when they aren't retired so I guess I'm a bit low on sympathy for my elders.

Also, I've noticed that they tend to take a fair bit of leisure time once they've reached a certain age. (This includes ones who used to be quite productive)They may use the excuse that they are 'worried about food, but I don't buy it when the food bin is bursting with fruit and honey and there are fish galore. My retired uncles love to fish. Perhaps they might like to take it up as a hobby which, in turn, would benefit the entire tribe.

We're talking about survival here after all.

#181742 - 01/18/09 04:27 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: racek]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I'd like it if certain villagers would "hide from the guiding hand" laugh laugh

#183365 - 02/09/09 04:07 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Becca123]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
I'd like to see the kids play together again like in VV2. Maybe "tag" [even though it looked like they were playing follow the leader] or maybe hide-and-go-seek?

#183381 - 02/09/09 09:57 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Havetia]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I think I might have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but haven't the time or inclination to search ...

I'd like to see the kids having some interaction with their mother. Perhaps every now and then they could run up to her and either get a kiss or "fail" and get sent away because she's busy. If the kid succeeds in getting a kiss, perhaps the mother could gain a little in parenting.

Dunno what the first couple of kids, or any from a barrel event could do for a mother, though I expect Arthur could arrange for them to choose a random foster mother.

#212173 - 11/02/09 05:16 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: arnie]
Beeky Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
It's amazing how long this topic has lasted! Lots of good ideas.

Since I'm near the end of solving 90% of the puzzles in VV2 for the iPod, I'm fresh with so many images from the game.

I love how the little kids run around; following each other, or dashing off on their own. Fantastic programming. And I'd love to see more done with this. A classroom like situation. Once only, did an older woman seem to be teaching a class of wiggly (standing) children. So some kind of schooling activities could be nice.

As for the elders, I'd like them to be free to do what they want. Hang out wlith their buddies, tell stories to kids, or sleep under a tree or have an adventure. but don't make any nursing homes! That is our societies answer to aging. This is a unique island with its own charm.

One of the things i've noticed is that the doctors have the least defined tasks of all the jobs available. Even the new moms are doing something. I'd like to see something that allows the doctors to train and learn on the job. Mostly I plop beginnging docs on the herbs, or put them at the science table. Perhaps there is a health day, and the doctors, beginners and experts, get to spend time with more people and check them out. Something like what was mentioned earlier in this thread, a few yrs ago. In my game I've noticed t hat no doctor hangs out at the hospital (or around the fire) incase anyone doesn't feel well.
There are a few individuals who don't seem to have any talent. I've put them into every occupation and they make no progress. hmm. Perhaps a village dummy here!

Thanks for this thread.

Edited by Xay (02/07/10 10:58 PM)
Edit Reason: violence

Page 41 of 41 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter