Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 222 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19468 - 07/15/06 12:29 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Fierrah Offline

Loc: Australia
I've heard alot about interaction between the sims and im inclined to agree. When you get to a stage when you're comfortable with your food and tech points, its fun to just watch them walk around doign weird things.

How about skinny dipping? Given you can only see their head i think that would be hilarious.

Or prehaps a child might "catch guppies" in the creek in the north west corner.

Or maybe counting sand, as a replacement of 'bored'

Hmm maybe even 'rock painting' along the north wall, even if it doesnt show up.

Or prehaps for a bit of fun, desanctifying the well water, if you know what i mean ; )

#19469 - 07/16/06 01:47 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
johnandcorine Offline

I thought an easy one, unless I have missed it, would be to take a master scientist and make him/her teach at the school. When I pound the drum the kids come and they sit and stare at the front door of the school and it says "going to school" but they do not enter the building and no adult goes near to them. Also there is no noticable increase in skills, perhaps the children could have the three r's as a skill and they could increase them in school. Just a thought!

Edited by johnandcorine (07/16/06 01:48 PM)

#19470 - 07/16/06 02:46 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Since VV is now in release, these behavior submissions will be applied to sequels, etc. We'll leave the topic up, so keep submitting anytime you are struck by inspiration!

#19471 - 07/16/06 09:22 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
LohTek Offline
Trainee

For future versions:

Ages: Stone, Iron, Copper, Bronze
New skill: Hunting & Tracking
New skill: Taloring
New skill: Metal working
New skill: Mining
New skill: Barter

Social Class: Laborer, Noble, Dignatary So forth

Expand farming to include cotton/flax and keep resource meters on them.

The way im thinking this will work, you go through a set of ages that are say like, the discovery of metal, how the econemy would work, was through some sort of localised government, you have a farmer he hires laborers, offers them food, and housing and skills in exchange for labor, which the farmer then will barter for tools to work the land. its sorta complex, but i think you guys can automate most of it.

oh i almost forgot, Hunters require tools and so forth, sorta internal econemy. relationship meters would be nice as well. for instance, boy falls in love with girl, boy cheats on girl, girl is depressed and refuses to work, boy betrays friend by sleeping with his wife, friend will nolonger trade with boy... this can go on forever

#19472 - 07/17/06 01:24 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

I want kid to found mushroom by himself I alway have to drag him to mushroom to made him get the mushroom

#19473 - 07/17/06 01:28 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
wanabeshores Offline

How about having twins occasionaly. T hat way you get a population increase, without having so many women out of the work force.

#19474 - 07/17/06 02:28 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
SaxyT Offline
Guru

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I definately like the idea of continuing the game after all puzzles are solved by having the colony move to another island with skilled workers but here's an idea. How about only being able to send three people since there are 6 skills to master. That way, you have to not only choose between the males and females (for breeding) but between which skills you think will allow you to survive until your population grows! Just makes things tougher for "level 2".

#19475 - 07/17/06 02:57 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
SaxyT Offline
Guru

Loc: Ontario, Canada
BTW, I've played three games through entirely and only had maybe 5 island events in three games, is there a way to increase these events? They're so neat, even when I make a wrong choice, it'd be great if they happen more often.

#19476 - 07/18/06 09:55 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
Wanabeshores I had a set of twins - identical girls. It was SO cool to see mom with two babies in her arms.

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#19477 - 07/18/06 11:36 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Eileen Offline

- What would be nice for the women nursing babies is to allow them to do some research. That way they can provide more points as those are slow in accumulating.

- Would be funny to see an adult scold one of the kids and they cry and run off pouting. Have the child bugging a builder or farmer.

- Have one or two people wash ashore who are in need of healing. Have a place where they recuperate and in fact it would be nice to have a recuperation hut for those who get injured or fall ill.

Page 3 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter