Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#193808 - 05/14/09 04:24 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: swedane]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
In this case, switching to a different family is the same as "turning off the game" for the first family. Pausing the game is an entirely different thing, which will "suspend" everything in the game - the family won't sleep, eat, work, or anything else. If you want each family to get a good night's sleep when you're playing multiple families, just tuck each family in for the night, move on to the next one and do the same, and on the last family, exit (quit) Virtual Families.

#193813 - 05/14/09 05:47 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: LadyCFII]
Belisarius Offline
Trainee

I do exactly this. They go to bed when I do & wake up when I have breakfast. But they still wake up with only a half full energy bar. Is that normal?

#193817 - 05/14/09 06:01 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Belisarius]
Debkat Offline

Ok am confused now. I bought the game after the update came out but have version 1.00.01,so not sure why I got old version when there is a newer one. I am quite a way through with my families and doing ok.

If I download the newer version am I going to have to start all over again?

Is everyone having problems with energy levels? I have windows version so is this issue affecting windows?

Advice please??

Debs

#193822 - 05/14/09 06:41 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Debkat]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
you wont have to start over again the updates install over your game, i have had the game since two days after it was released on LDW, and none of the updates erased my games. If you didn't buy the game from LDW you will not have the newest version until the company you bought it from reviews it and releases it. you will have to contact them to get the updated version. If you did buy it from LDW all you need to do is download the trial version over your current game. it will work fine after that. However i have read that some of the updates don't take affect unless you do restart the game. As far as i know it doesn't affect windows. and anyone who has .01 does have energy problems. but the problems seemed to be fixed after the .05 update. Also, try praising your peeps for taking naps and relaxing in the hammock as these things help with energy levels, Hope this helps.

#193834 - 05/14/09 07:14 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: *Vanna]
blalockm Offline
Trainee

I have this problem with exhausted families as well, and play them generally only from about 5:30 pm to 9 pm. With that usage it irritates me that they are ALWAYS exhausted.

Last night as soon as I logged on I fed my peeps as they were all exhausted and half fed. I then let them all sleep a cycle...which brought them to tired...they then napped or slept a cycle again, and that brought them back to elated. It's a pain, but it appears before I can do anything with them I have to immediately feed them and put them to bed, and then after 30 minutes to an hour of that I can finally work on the game with them.

Oh, and yes, I put them all to bed and praise them for it before I leave. It doesn't seem to matter as by the time I login again they've all gotten promotions and such. Obviously they're inclined to work rather than rest while I'm away.

#193842 - 05/14/09 07:24 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: blalockm]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
Try reversing day/ night. by the time you are able to get on they are already exausted from a hard days work. but if your were to reverse day and night they would be just waking up when you are ready to play. and would be happy or elated.

#193851 - 05/14/09 07:36 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: *Vanna]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
so if im reading this correctly, if i installed the .05 version over my .02 which i have right now, i have to restart everything??? im on my 4th or 5th generation!! that means i would have to start over at 1?????

#193854 - 05/14/09 07:39 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: esther1981]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
No, your savegame files will be intact so you won't notice much difference (apart from the extra actions and possibly some of the bugfixes).

#193871 - 05/14/09 08:21 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: arnie]
Debkat Offline

Thanks for the replies.

As I said before I have the 1st version but I forgot to say I don't seem to have any problems regarding energy levels.

I check in with my people around 7.30am at which time they are perfectly happy and already working (not sure bout energy levels at this point as I never took any notice, will check them in the morning and let you know). I then go off to work and don't get back to them till around 7pm. They are only just tired at that time and start getting exhausted around 8pm.

Not sure what bugs or problems everyone has been getting. So far the only problem I have is that all my people seem to die when they are in their 60's.

The target of getting the "Wise" trophy (at 70 years old) I thought would be solved by getting all the upgrades so they didn't have to work so hard and therefore make life easier so they live longer? Yes? No?

Debs

#193872 - 05/14/09 08:23 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Debkat]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
phew thanks Arnie! i was starting to get scared! i just checked and im on the 4th generation. unfortunately Debkat thats not the case. well in .02 anyways, they die way too young!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter