Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#193715 - 05/14/09 03:38 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Kitaelia]
Kitaelia Offline

Loc: WA, USA
Would anyone know if putting everyone to bed and then switching to a different family still counts as "turning off the game" to the first family?

#193717 - 05/14/09 03:50 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Kitaelia]
sapphyrebaby Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Kitaelia
That is how I play too. I have my exhausted family set to day and play them during the day. When it becomes dark my time and in the game I put them to bed. I always give lots of praise and they have no problems going to sleep while I am watching them. I also never pause, and I have the windows version.

It's been a few days and they are still exhausted .. >.<

I think you have to watch them once or twice while they're sleeping coz I know they tend to wake up and sometimes they dont want to get a drink (its acceptable) or read magazines (UNacceptable) then you've got to punish to stop it from happening.

To my limited knowledge, it doesnt seem to stop the first family. They continue their lives while you're playing another family.

#193724 - 05/14/09 04:31 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: sapphyrebaby]
tehaleks Offline

Loc: Colorado
I've tried a bunch of different things to keep my peeps asleep. I praise them for going to bed when they're tired and try to keep them from napping during the day when they don't really need to (aren't tired).

I've noticed when I close the game and reopen it, even if it was paused or not, they'll be up and running around again, and then head to bed immediately, and will still be exhausted.

This is version 1.00.05, I just got the game yesterday in fact.

Also... my store is only updating like once a day or something. I bought things yesterday, and then today, and it's been about 12 hours since I woke up this morning and it still hasn't updated.

#193727 - 05/14/09 04:42 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: tehaleks]
Kitaelia Offline

Yeah I read somewhere in the forums that when you open the game or switch families it randomizes the location of your people. Which is one of the reasons why it's bad to put them to sleep, turn the game off, and check on them.

With a typical family, it is best to turn it off for a the length of a full night's rest.

*wishes her first family was typical*

#193736 - 05/14/09 05:28 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Zirallan]
cindylouwho Offline
Adviser

Try putting your peeps to bed at night before you turn the game off for the last time. I have been running the same families since day 1 and all the upgrades work fine without starting over. Just make sure they are all in bed and then leave your game off until the next day and see if that cures the problem. Hope this helps.

#193749 - 05/14/09 06:46 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: cindylouwho]
Kitaelia Offline

I don't know about the OP or the others with this problem, but that's exactly what I have been doing each night. I put them all to bed and praise them for going to bed. Then I sit and watch to make sure they actually go to sleep. Once they are all fast asleep, I shut the game down for the night.

#193759 - 05/14/09 07:45 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Kitaelia]
MissMartini Offline

Loc: California
The first thing I do in the morning is to feed them. As soon as the family has eaten their 1st time, I check each one on the detail screen to see how the "hunger" and "energy" levels are. I feed twice if need be, sometimes the kids need a third helping. Then, several time during the day, the more productive the parents are, the more naps they seem to need. *** If I encourge excercise, the energy bar does increase. Staying in shape has its benefits...
At first, I used to use the red hand whenever they checked their weight...(had visions of vain anorexics....) but that was a mistake. Keeping tabs on their weight leads them to stretching on their own, then quick work outs and so on...

#193763 - 05/14/09 08:35 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: MissMartini]
sapphyrebaby Offline
Trainee

Ooops. I always discourage them from checking their weight but it doesn't affect them because they're still doing workouts on their own.

#193784 - 05/14/09 10:28 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Kitaelia]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Would anyone know if putting everyone to bed and then switching to a different family still counts as "turning off the game" to the first family?

Do you have some families where it's daytime for them when it's daytime for you and some families where it's daytime for them when it's nighttime for you? Like, out of 5 slots, 3 are day when it's day for you and 2 are night when it's night for you? Because I extensively tried this and it won't work. Even if you don't bother the day ones when you're playing the night ones, the day peeps suffer.

What I ended up doing was installing the game on a second user account on my computer. So, during the day I have all day families on my "regular" account that I've always had. Then, when I want to sit down and play in the evening, I leave that game closed and instead I go into my second user account and play those families. I haven't had anymore problems with tiredness or exhaustion since I started doing that.

Edited by Simsane (05/14/09 10:29 AM)

#193785 - 05/14/09 11:07 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Kitaelia]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
No, tugging-in one family and switching to another, does not turn off the game nor the family you tugged-in. You have to PAUSE the family you wish to turn off. You do that by pressing spacebar on your keyboard. Then you switch to a different family.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter