Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 320 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#193326 - 05/12/09 09:59 AM Energy problems in newest version.
Zirallan Offline

Loc: Switzerland
I've downloaded and installed the newest version of the game but I'm still having problems with my peeps (specifically the parents) running out of energy all the time.

I turn the game off before I go to bed and leave it alone all night and turn it back on in the morning. It's usually off for 6 to 8 hours straight. Within a couple of hours the husband is inevitably napping on the couch with a status of exhausted.

Aside from doping him up with energy drinks is there any way to make him less tired all the time? It just seems silly that all he's ever doing is napping on the couch because he's exhausted.

#193328 - 05/12/09 10:19 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Zirallan]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
Did you start a new game or continue the old one? If you don't start a new game even after updating the game the update doesn't work, Also make sure it is 1.00.05 that you are using, If you purchased the game from another site they are not putting out the .05 version yet, (so Ive heard). Look on the menu screen in the bottom left corner to make sure of the version you are running, I hope this helps. Good Luck

#193329 - 05/12/09 10:22 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: *Vanna]
Zirallan Offline

Loc: Switzerland
I double checked the version and it's a new game.

Maybe he's just that lazy. :P

#193330 - 05/12/09 10:31 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Zirallan]
*Vanna Offline
Consigliere

Loc: TEXAS
Maybe, but i would Praise for naps. it does help with the tiredness also praise them for going to bed, and relaxing in the hammock. these things help with the energy problems. If he constantly works he will get tired/exhausted more than most.
Also try searching tired/Exhausted. there are several threads for help with ideas on Getting them happy or elated again.

#193545 - 05/13/09 09:49 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: *Vanna]
Kitaelia Offline

Loc: WA, USA
I am having this same problem only it's with every single family member. I am praising them for going to bed, they all get in bed and go to sleep... then I shut off the game and go to bed myself.

Even after 12 hours of the game being off (I went grocery shopping before checking in on my peeps) they are all completely exhausted.. Mom, dad and the four kids.

The family is from the most recent game version.

The odd thing is as soon as I turn the game back on, my peeps have no problem hopping up and running to the bed or chairs to nap or sleep while I am watching. I am not sure what to do.

#193546 - 05/13/09 10:19 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Kitaelia]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
I allways keep my on daytime.My hardly ever get tired.I play at nite,and i dont want it dark.

#193559 - 05/13/09 01:52 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: emri]
Belisarius Offline
Trainee

I'm having exactly the same problems. Oddly enough, when I was playing the old version of the game, I didn't have an energy problem at all ... I just left them over night, and they woke up almost fully energised. Now, I'm lucky if I get a half-full energy bar after having left them over night. I find it very odd that a version that was supposed to fix a fault actually created that fault for me!

#193573 - 05/13/09 03:20 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Belisarius]
sapphyrebaby Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Belisarius
I'm having exactly the same problems. Oddly enough, when I was playing the old version of the game, I didn't have an energy problem at all ... I just left them over night, and they woke up almost fully energised. Now, I'm lucky if I get a half-full energy bar after having left them over night. I find it very odd that a version that was supposed to fix a fault actually created that fault for me!

That's really odd.

Maybe you should praise them a couple of times for going to bed and like with RL kids, settle into a routine. I play my families from my time morning to about 10, 11-ish before they start getting tired or exhausted.
After that I shut down the game and by the next morning they'll fully (or almost fully) refreshed.

#193599 - 05/13/09 05:32 PM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: sapphyrebaby]
Belisarius Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: sapphyrebaby
Originally Posted By: Belisarius

That's really odd.

Maybe you should praise them a couple of times for going to bed and like with RL kids, settle into a routine. I play my families from my time morning to about 10, 11-ish before they start getting tired or exhausted.
After that I shut down the game and by the next morning they'll fully (or almost fully) refreshed.

I know! I praise them for going to bed all the time, and play exactly the same times as you do! I just don't get it. Maybe it's something to do with the Mac version?

#193712 - 05/14/09 03:22 AM Re: Energy problems in newest version. [Re: Belisarius]
Kitaelia Offline

Loc: WA, USA
That is how I play too. I have my exhausted family set to day and play them during the day. When it becomes dark my time and in the game I put them to bed. I always give lots of praise and they have no problems going to sleep while I am watching them. I also never pause, and I have the windows version.

It's been a few days and they are still exhausted .. >.<

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter