Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#222787 - 06/23/10 02:38 AM Re: expansion pact for virtual families. [Re: arnie]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
I totally agree with what Arnie stated, plus wanted to add that I play both -- the Sims 2 and VV and VF games. I like the VV and VF games just the way they are, so I hope LDW won't change them. In fact, I haven't even wanted to play my Sims 2 in over a year, but I am still loving my VV and VF games. smile

Oh -- almost forgot to say that I also like Zoo Tycoon and have all the ep's for it as well, but am ONLY playing the VV games right now.

Edited by Simsane (06/23/10 02:40 AM)

#222788 - 06/23/10 02:42 AM Re: expansion pack for virtual families. [Re: Simsane]
The Chief Offline
Adviser

Loc: VA
I think anything new should be in the VF2, if ever made. Most stuff wanted to change could take a while to do so. Mods are the best to that, though.

#222844 - 06/25/10 01:16 PM Re: expansion pack for virtual families. [Re: The Chief]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I bought The Sims 1 several years ago, well before I'd heard of LDW. VV1 wasn't even out, yet alone VF. I played The Sims a few times, but it never grabbed by attention in the same way as VF and the VV series. I've still got the CD but I haven't bothered to install it on my newer machines.

I'm sure that The Sims 2 and 3 are 'bigger and better' but I've never had any desire to get them, whereas I'll download any future LDW sim games like a shot.

#222956 - 06/28/10 07:43 PM Re: expansion pack for virtual families. [Re: arnie]
Pokemontrainer99 Offline
Expert

Loc: England
Yeah, the Sims are rubbish. LDW games are better.

#223123 - 07/04/10 04:27 AM Re: expansion pack for virtual families. [Re: Pokemontrainer99]
BostonGirl Offline
Trainee

I ike the game as it is, but I thought of a few things.

There could be an option to buy an adoption application. It would be expensive and would not assure an automatic
adoption but it would increase the odds, sort of like the baby boost. It would give families a way to have more children
and increase genetics.

There could be an online date/mate option that a single person could buy at the store. They would receive a few more more
marriage proposals by "buying" this option. It would give picky people more prospects for partners. It would be expensive, of course.

Options to run a "green" eco friendly home or use more electricity:

We could buy solar panels and a windmill at the store but they would be costly. We could buy the "Sunshine" or
"Windy Day" at the store. The windy event could be built into the game the way the "sunshine" is avaiable.
Then we could make the money back by selling our extra power back to the power company if we make more than we use.

Option to use more electricity by making the lights workable; (the way we can open the fridge or turn on the tv).
We could click on the lamps in the evening but we would have a power bill to pay. We could buy power saving bulbs
at the store that are expensive but cost less to use.

Just a few thoughts...

#223292 - 07/12/10 11:37 PM Re: expansion pack for virtual families. [Re: BostonGirl]
petenpete Offline
Adviser

Loc: Manhattan, KS
I have to say, that while the "expansion pack" idea sounds attractive, I've learned that half the fun of VV & VF are designing & installing mods. But then I'm a shameless show-off when it comes to modding. :-p

#223334 - 07/13/10 11:29 PM Re: expansion pack for virtual families. [Re: petenpete]
BostonGirl Offline
Trainee

Maybe I should have posted my ideas above in the Developer Feedback Forum instead of the "expansion pack" post. I guess it could be either. I really like the option of receiving more marriage proposals though. If you reject two or three in hopes of getting a better match you end up waiting a long time! Also, the adoption option would be nice.

Pete, some of the mods are pretty cool!

Anyone else interested in an option for more marriage proposals???

#225235 - 10/11/10 08:24 AM Virtual Families Expansion Pack
Midii Offline
Adviser

Loc: Isola

I got some of these suggestions from various threads in the Virtual Families forum, but here are some things I would love to see in a Virtual Families Expansion Pack that I would willingly buy for $5-10 dollars, perhaps even a bit more:

1. The kids can be trained in a certain career (e.g. if the mother is a lawyer, they can be trained in law) and therefore have a preference for which sort of profession they want to be when they grow up.
2. Extensions to the house can be made. Furniture can be purchased to make libraries, extra bedrooms etc.
3. Different themes for the house (e.g. tropical, romantic, historical) can be purchased for the family within the game (no downloads online)
4. New upgrades. Introduce bedrooms as an upgradeable room, career rooms can be upgraded up to Lv. 10
5. Taxes have to be paid depending on your bank account/income so that players who have too much money won't get so bored
6. You can have 1 extra kid for every bedroom upgrade. The max amount will be 16, but the same rules for having babies still apply (no working while nursing, there has to be a period of time before the woman can have babies again, but having 16 is possible if she has 3 quadruplets and 2 twins etc)
7. You can have quadruplets
Hope you take at least 1 of these ideas into consideration!

#225236 - 10/11/10 08:40 AM Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack [Re: Midii]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
If it were made possible to build bedroom extensions I'd like it to be possible for, once one of the parents dies, the remaining one to "retire" and move in to a new bedroom, allowing one of the children to take over the house and start a new family.

#225239 - 10/11/10 11:15 PM Re: Virtual Families Expansion Pack [Re: arnie]
emri Offline
Master

Loc: Land of oz,Ks
That sounds good,Arnie.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter