Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#192314 - 05/07/09 04:59 AM Sticky character when given praise
syxlette Offline

Hi,
So I started a new family and the mommy is a handful. I don't know if it's her personality or a glitch, but every time I praise her with the green hand she just stands there FOREVER and waves at me. The only way I can get her to stop is by picking her up and starting over, which is annoying because she LOVES to sit down to a meal, but takes 20-30 tries to get her to clean up after the meal. Maybe that's what the hubby is for j/k!! Thanks for any insight!

#192336 - 05/07/09 08:40 AM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: syxlette]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
I can't seem to get mine to clean up after a meal. They just do it on their own eventually.

Also, even though they sit and eat, after they are done, I check their FED bar and, if it is not full, I put them back to the table for another meal. If I keep the whole family's FED bars full after a meal, they don't seem to have to eat as often for awhile.

#192355 - 05/07/09 02:38 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: syxlette]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
syxlette, praising someone who dislikes jumping will produce the behavior that you described, so be aware of that and just pick them up and put them back to what you want them to be doing. They still benefit from the praise, but because they dislike jumping, they get stuck, since their reaction to praise involves jumping.

Jenny is correct, though, that you can't make them clean up after a meal, since dropping them on the table when there is food present will cause them to sit down and eat. They must clean up on their own.

#192382 - 05/07/09 05:25 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: LadyCFII]
syxlette Offline

Hi Thanks!!

I'll make my ppl sit down to eat again if their fed bar isn't maxed too.

I just opened up the family with the sticky girl and under her dislikes it says jumping, I should have thought of that before!

thanks again for your help!! Love the game!!

#192389 - 05/07/09 05:53 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: syxlette]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
Just a thought, Syxlette--If you use the desensitization kit or whatever it is called on your nonjumper, maybe it will remove that dislike from her and solve your problem.

#192396 - 05/07/09 06:06 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: Jenny23]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I saw this once during testing. Starting a new game or a reinstall cleared it up if I recall correctly, and we never did figure out what caused it because it was so rare we could not reproduce it.

#193633 - 05/13/09 10:13 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: Jenny23]
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Jenny23
Just a thought, Syxlette--If you use the desensitization kit or whatever it is called on your nonjumper, maybe it will remove that dislike from her and solve your problem.

That's what the desensitization kit is for. I was wondering why you would want to remove dislikes.

#193645 - 05/13/09 10:38 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: syxlette]
Pen And Guin Offline

My kid Muresme does the same thing! She only does it when she says she is "turning off the T.V." which is weird.

#193976 - 05/15/09 04:15 AM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: LadyCFII]
Riograce Offline
Expert

Loc: Southeastern US
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
syxlette, praising someone who dislikes jumping will produce the behavior that you described, so be aware of that and just pick them up and put them back to what you want them to be doing. They still benefit from the praise, but because they dislike jumping, they get stuck, since their reaction to praise involves jumping.

Jenny is correct, though, that you can't make them clean up after a meal, since dropping them on the table when there is food present will cause them to sit down and eat. They must clean up on their own.

Ha - in my newest family, my gal does that: gets stuck on praise. I guess that's better than stuck on stupid! I'll have to invest in the desensitization kit the next time it shows up.

And you CAN make them clear the table after a meal, if you drop them on the right place on the kitchen floor. It takes a few drops sometimes, but you can make it happen.

#194022 - 05/15/09 12:45 PM Re: Sticky character when given praise [Re: Riograce]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You're not actually *making* them clean up when you do that. What you *are* doing is making them select a new action by picking them up and dropping them again. Since there is a meal on the table, they will sometimes choose to clean it up. The same thing could happen if you dropped them just about anywhere there isn't an active hotspot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter