Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 19 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#189690 - 04/28/09 08:39 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: VV Newbie]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

I love the game as the sleeping issue does at least keep you on the hop and you have to manage your family - so requires more effort from the user than VV who didn't have the sleep/happy etc bars.

But where I'm finding it difficult, is when I decided to start a new Family (another game slot). I put everyone to bed, and then click to do the same for my new Family, but once I do that it triggers something in the game that gets them all out of bed. I've tested it a few times. I will switch back within a few seconds, and all the peeps that were "in bed" are out of bed exhausted. So if the update that is being worked on could possibly help in that regard, it would help. At this point I'm thinking of pausing my 2nd Family as I don't want my main Family to suffer from exhaustion.

#189695 - 04/28/09 10:02 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: virtualbrenda]
Parazombie Offline
Expert

Loc: Oakland, California
My boyfriend works from 7am - 3pm and he says that when he goes to play the game when he gets home they're all exhausted. I told him to try to switch night and day but then he says it's almost night time when he gets home.
We're trying to work out solutions for this but so far nothing has really worked other than constant napping.
Then again he did mention something about being a "slave driver so the chick would get a promotion." I tried explaining him that working makes them tired more quickly...and then scolded him for treating a woman like that!

#189706 - 04/28/09 01:15 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Parazombie]
rudolpha Offline

My solution to exhaustion is that I reverse day/night twice. I don't play during the day and keep my game on pause. When I get home from work I unpause the game and switch day/night. Around 11 pm I switch day/night back to normal so they can sleep overnight and get refreshed (which seems to happen between 2 am and 6 am somehow)but keep the game running. The next morning I pause the game again.

#189715 - 04/28/09 02:42 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: rudolpha]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Out of curiosity, I've started a couple of test families to try and get the 'weak' messages, because I've never seen them in my main families. I don't mean to sound incredulous at the exhaustion issues, because I can understand the frustration some of you must have, but I still can't get these families to say 'weak' and I'm feeding them non-organic food, no vitamins.

Sounds like a silly question, but are some of you expecting them to eat on their own or do you initiate meals by dropping someone on the bar to 'prepare a meal' and follow through with making sure everyone sits down to a meal?

Another question.. I do have one family that doesn't get fed as regularly and they are tired more of the time, occasionally going to exhausted, but their activity level is still the same, never making the game unplayable as I've seen some of you say. frown

Where are the hunger levels of the weak people some of you are experiencing? That's the only thing I've done differently with the one family that seems to leave them tired more often, but I never let it get lower than 3/4 of the way. I might try one more family as a test and not initiate any meals, but that seems cruel.. lol

: dazed and confused :

#189760 - 04/28/09 05:25 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: SoulSmilen]
LauraW Offline

My families eat on their own. They are usually well fed when I log on and the fridge is empty. Today, they were less exhausted but the bar was still half empty and I imagine very quickly they will get tired and be exhausted before this evening. I don't think this has anything to do with hunger.

#189761 - 04/28/09 05:48 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: LauraW]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Thanks LauraW.. it's crazy that it's not happening to all of us. I'd really like to know what the difference is.. oh well, I'm a puzzle person, so I'll just keep trying to duplicate it and figure it out.

VF forensics! LOL

#189769 - 04/28/09 06:24 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: SoulSmilen]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

SoulSmilen, I think there are two issues. One is degrees of weak & I think we've worked that out to be a lack of food - whether or not you feed them with a prepared meal, or just have a well stocked fridge. If your food levels are really low (like I did accidentally the first night of playing), it seems to make them weak.

Lack of rest - sleep, naps seems to cause the tired & exhausted.

At least that's what I've found. Since I've stocked up on food I've not had weak at all, but I still get tired, but a lot less with the 2nd gen family. Not sure if it's because I did reverse the day/night with the 1st gen and maybe they skipped a whole night of sleep!

I am still having issues with sleep with two families running. When I put them to sleep in one game slot, then switch to the other, they automatically get out of bed and wander around getting really tired. Again, not sure if this is because it's a new family 1st generation and it will work out in a day or two.

Edited by bren (04/28/09 06:25 PM)

#189822 - 04/28/09 09:32 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: virtualbrenda]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Bren, that makes sense on the food/weak thing, thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure if people were saying being weak was tied to being tired/exhausted or not.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I would just really like to know where the differences are for those that have issues and those that don't.

I do have one of the fathers in one family that gets exhausted sometimes, but like I said, it doesn't affect game play at all, and his health is still full tilt. All it takes is one nap session and he's back to work with no issues. I see this as being pretty much inline with real life.

Regarding putting a family to sleep only to have them get out of bed and wander around after switching to another slot... how does one know they do that? LOL Is there a spy camera in their house? wink

#189904 - 04/29/09 12:18 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: SoulSmilen]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The key to giving your peeps enough rest is to let them sleep overnight without checking on them or bothering them. Most 'real' people sleep many consecutive hours a day. When you keep checking on your peeps, they think you want them to be awake so you can play with them. They'll try to get fitful bouts of resting in, but it won't be enough. Just turn the game off (without pausing) and let them get some rest. It should work wonders after a day or so of that. laugh

#189912 - 04/29/09 12:44 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
but Lady, its SOOOOO hard to do that! at least for me! i just HAVE to make sure they have alot of food! and make sure i dont miss a collectible!

Page 9 of 19 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter