Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 228 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#189600 - 04/28/09 01:08 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: Simsane]
miss lynne Offline

if one parent dies they can remarry smile it happened to mine! at like age 57..

#189604 - 04/28/09 01:21 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: miss lynne]
ColeDude101 Offline
Expert

Loc: The 1st state!Delaware!
I wish that when a child moves back home you could keep the parent there.Or have them write sometimes from New home or maybe Retirement Home.Same thing with brothers or sisters.

Im playing VV3 again,and I'm going to be more active on here now!

#189615 - 04/28/09 02:16 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: ColeDude101]
lilykai Offline

Hi there. I'm new, but hopefully you won't think I'm presumptuous making a suggestion or two.

What about if you finish collecting all 12 pieces of a particular collection, you could sell it as a set online for like, a grand or something? Then you could start from scratch collecting again. (I like collecting.)

I agree with the suggestion about interaction with the pet. I also think you should be able to have more than one at a time.

Re: The store updating more frequently. I guess i disagree with the majority. I like playing the game knowing i have challenges ahead. If i complete everything too quickly i lose interest in the game. Maybe that's just me.

Also, it would RULE if you could make expansion packs eventually (or right now!) New trophies, new challenges, new suprises. All of the suggestions in this thread could be incorporated that way.

#189622 - 04/28/09 02:34 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: Jami]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

This game could become as complex as real life, and that would be awesome! What would even be better is if when the adult children move out, they move into their own house that you could click on to view....and the game would get more difficult the more homes you have to manage. The grandchildren could visit.

Also, since I was trying to model my family after my fiance and I, I was sad to see there are no African American looking people....or for that matter....Asian, Native American, etc.

#189630 - 04/28/09 02:51 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: Jami]
VirtualAddict Offline

1. VEGETABLE GARDEN: I'd love to have my family plant a vegetable garden and be able to either stock their refrigerator with the harvest or sell it for extra money. We could drop a family member (including children) on the garden plot to assign them work. They could accept or not as they do when you try to make them work at their career.

2. EVENT BUTTON: It would be nice to be able to click a button to initiate an event for the family during those slow times. You'd never know if it would have a positive or negative event on your family... and could be restricted to one per real-time hour.

#189632 - 04/28/09 02:55 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: VirtualAddict]
debbie1260 Offline
Trainee

Building on the post above, I would like to have the family be able to buy more land and have a farm or garden. They could also build another house for one of the children to move into to start their own family. Then you could have 3 generations!! They already have building and farming skills, so why not?

Deb

#189634 - 04/28/09 03:11 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: debbie1260]
Lizzy1990 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: miss lynne
if one parent dies they can remarry smile it happened to mine! at like age 57..

Really?? I've been reading the forums every day and never heard about that. Cool. ^_^ Still want the option of divorce though. I'm weird though. lol.

Simsane, thanks.

Love all the new ideas, especially the veggie garden (less money spent on groceries, woot!), the event button, and managing all the family houses. At least I wouldn't have to fill up all five game slots if I took care of all the families in one. grin

Isolatown, USA; a VF fic - coming soon!

#189644 - 04/28/09 03:39 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: Rissy]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Rissy
Also, since I was trying to model my family after my fiance and I, I was sad to see there are no African American looking people....or for that matter....Asian, Native American, etc.

Or Jewish families for that matter. It can't be that hard to program in a tiny little yarmulke aka kipa for the males in the family to wear. If one can make them lose their hair, why not a hat?

Also I do wish that when I put them in bed because they're exhausted and I exit the game they would stay in bed. I'm tired of tucking them in only to come back to find them still exhausted and wandering about.

Edited by Jami (04/28/09 03:41 AM)

www.jamisings.com

#189653 - 04/28/09 03:56 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: Rissy]
knksmiles Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Rissy

The lack of diversity in not as easily solved as we might wish. It has been discussed before with the VV series in this thread . LadyCFII expained some of the difficulty with incorporating more diversity. Lots of us wish there could be more. smile

#189658 - 04/28/09 04:09 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: lilykai]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Lizzy1990

Make the option of adopting always available.

College emails should become more frequent, with events added. Like, you have the option of sending money if they want/need something. Or they come to visit for a few weeks. Or they send gifts/money. I also like the idea of writing back to the family.

It'd be nice to be able to choose the house at the beginning when you're adopting the character. Maybe give like ten options of houses.

If one parent dies before the other, leave the option for a child to take over the house with the parent still in it. Similarly, if a child is still underage when a parent dies, have an older sibling take care of them.

Have family reunions (or holiday and birthday parties) in the second generation where the old siblings come to visit for a little while.

I agree about better interaction with pets. And maybe they have different effects on the family. Calming, happiness, sadness if a pet passes away, etc..

And I also like the remarriage idea. If a player's adoptee becomes a widow they should be able to find a new spouse. You could also put the option of divorce. And maybe marrying someone who already has kids.

Great ideas! I accidentally deleted the part about a playpen and though I haven't found the need for one, it is a cute idea.

Originally Posted By: lilykai

Also, it would RULE if you could make expansion packs eventually (or right now!) New trophies, new challenges, new suprises.

I would love this too! smile

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter