Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 263 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 22 of 23 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 >
Topic Options
#206917 - 08/06/09 02:02 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: gmomluvsvv]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Either that or have the elderly peep (or peeps) stay in the house until they pass. Maybe after the age of 55 you could have the option of turning over the house to one of the kids and the older peeps could stay to enjoy the fruits of their labor!

#207054 - 08/07/09 03:15 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families [Re: gmomluvsvv]
DeeDeesDay Offline

How about adding a nurse with them. Don't forget the medications, bedpans, urinals and wheelchairs. Maybe not a wheelchair, they are hard to push in the grass. Must add holidays for everyone to get together!

#207061 - 08/07/09 05:25 AM Re: Suggestions for Virtual Families
cindylouwho Offline
Adviser

Would love to see 'generation based' activities included in the next Virtual Families and I do hope there will be one! For example, instead of the collectibles being random, make them available to different generations, having them show up for the current generation (ex. generation 4) and for following generations. Maybe having general house items be generation based or allow for upgrading the pool, hammock, patio set or whatever in later generations.

It seems that everything is done by the time you've gone through a few generations and nothing is left but maintenance - well, excepting those 3 bugs and 1 twig I haven't gotten yet - and been playing since the day VF was released! Ya really need to do something about that. I'm bored to death, but will not quit until I find those 4 items. I have deleted and started new families in the other spaces, but the one remains to finish the trophies.

Just thought I'd toss this out there and see what suggestions others might have for the next VF! Happy day, everyone!

I agree about the elderly. Allow them to hire someone to cook or do chores. Poor things. I hate starting a new generation when one of them dies and the other doesn't, but, when they are elderly and there's only 1 left, the game DRAGS, literally, lol.

Seasons would be cool, too. Would love to watch the kids play in the snow or be able to rake autumn leaves!

#211404 - 10/09/09 05:22 PM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Jenny23]
Lisa Randall Offline

I loved Virtual Families, but some improvement/addition would be great for next version. I'd love to have more personalizations in homes. Also, I'd like to see them use more of the upgrades I bought for house, like pool, etc. I'd like the game designers to understand that just because someone is around 50 doesn't mean that they look, move and act like someone who is 90. How old are the game designers. That seems like the view of someone very young. Also, once their kids have left for college, it seems like the parents appear to be just waiting to die. Also, there kids never return home again, nor do they appear to have grandchildren. You should be able to choose the style of house that you want and add to it.

#211415 - 10/09/09 11:33 PM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Lisa Randall]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
I agree Lisa! I would really like to see that aspect of the game changed. The game should have grandparents, and the point that grandparents can still be very useful and also lots of fun should be brought out in the game. The dangerous thing about how the game makes one to "want the old peeps to just hurry up and die to make room for the next generation" is "What kind of mindset is this creating in the young people who play this game?" I fear that it will cause them to learn a disrespect for the aged. That sort of thing is already prevalent enough in today's society anyway. We don't games to add to that.

#211512 - 10/12/09 03:24 PM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Lewanda]
Jersygirl15 Offline
Expert

there is some things that i'd really like a new version of VF to have ( i wish they'd make a "virtual families 2" with our suggestions add to it)
*i'd like to be able to inherit the house to a relativ if the couple that i have failed to make babies
*and it will be amazing if there are other places that the peeps can go to , it's so strange that they stay locked inside the house all these years , the store for example , instead of being just a screen , it can be a small place next to the house and the family members can go there and buy what they want and then come back to house (it doesnot have to be a big thing so that the game wouldn't be so big , it can be a screen too , but for reaching this screen they have to go to another building or soemthing like this), this'd be a very nice change for them and for me , as i sometimes get bored of being inside the house all the time , they can't even pass the gate !!!!!
*i'd like that grandparents be able to stay in the game when i choose a son or a daughter to inherit , i mean : if the mother dies and i have the father alive and the children at college(or work or whatever) , why can't i just choose the son to inherit and start the new generation and the father (or the grandfather now) also stays in the house till it's time for him to DIE , why does the father have to leave the house just when a son comes to inherit ?!! it'd be nice to have the grandparent around , he can play with kids , tell them stories , watch TV with them , call them to bed sometimes......etc
*i'd like to have more upgrades , like the beautiful mods that the members make here ( and i really wanna thank them all for that , the mods are really amazing) but why can't we have some nice upgrades or mods in the game without the need to change the image files and so on , bedrooms and bathroom upgrades , more colorful upgrades for the work areas , or it can be just RANDOM ,i mean that KITCHEN LEVEL 2 does not have to ALWAYS look the same , why don't we make it have 3 or 4 different shapes and it becomes random , you get what your luck gives you

mmmm i have so many other suggestions but i don't want to be boring ,maybe if you liked those ones first !!! ........

#211538 - 10/13/09 04:03 AM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Jersygirl15]
Beeky Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
Even though I've only played this game for 2 weeks, I can see where you guys are going.

So many aspects of this game teaches things about life: praising /encouraging someone to develop good healthy habits for physical, emotional and mental health.

So why not one for aging, as those above point out? It would seem to be totally in keeping with the LDW philosophy about life and living.

Also love the idea about house changes. Although I'm eager to find out where the mods are here, for the Mac version. smile

#211541 - 10/13/09 05:08 AM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Beeky]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Beeky, all of the mods can be found in the Mods Forum at the very bottom of the Forums List. You will also find instructions on how to install mods in that forum. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#211544 - 10/13/09 07:50 AM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Beeky]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Hi Beeky,
All of the mods can be used in the PC or Mac version. As Xay pointed out there are posts for both PC and Mac users that tell you how to install them in your game. Have fun!

#211548 - 10/13/09 11:18 AM Re: Improvements and Suggestions for Virtual Families 2? [Re: Lewanda]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
One word of warning, though. There's at least one online retailer that or some reason doesn't allow access to the game's images folder in the Mac version. If you bought the game from LDW you'd be OK, but it's possible that you might be unlucky if you got it elsewhere.

Page 22 of 23 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter